PAN-AM HOV lanes on DVP and Gardiner | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PAN-AM HOV lanes on DVP and Gardiner

Anecdotes from other people in the area that use the Gardiner as their go-to roadway for getting downtown says it no worse than before. Some of this I will attribute to people getting out of town but how much could that account for? You still have your trades and trucks working in the city. If there was 407 type tolling that was not owned by offshore interests, I could support that (but I still want my HOV lane). Can you imagine if they tolled the 401 - they would make enough money to host the Olympics!
Its worse by say 5 minutes.

You know how they have those signs indicating the time it takes from point x to yonge street. Well i pay attention to it everyday...i havent seen it go higher than an extra 5 minutes from the pre-HOV days...

A toll lane on gardiner would be nice... but i dont see how they'd be able to install it/have it work without having people cheating.

Its worse by say 5 minutes.

You know how they have those signs indicating the time it takes from point x to yonge street. Well i pay attention to it everyday...i havent seen it go higher than an extra 5 minutes from the pre-HOV days...

A toll lane on gardiner would be nice... but i dont see how they'd be able to install it/have it work without having people cheating.

So true. Meanwhile, I'm getting home in rush hour traffic in less than half the time it normally took me. It's beautiful.

Given the province's current funding shortfalls, if they do keep the HOVs, I'm sure they will be charging a toll to use them.

Given the province's current funding shortfalls, if they do keep the HOVs, I'm sure they will be charging a toll to use them.
There's no way they will keep the HOV lanes like they are now. *maybe * a variation of them on dvp and Gardiner.. Ie 2 people Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm.

Back
Top Bottom