Roll Call - DOCC Calabogie August 3/4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roll Call - DOCC Calabogie August 3/4

Shaman

Who's going? Unless something major comes up, I'll be there with the 1000 and the RSV4.

I've identified one possible culprit, have R6 calipers, Vesrah SRJL-XX pads on their way, also going to hone the rotors and try to use the stock rotors rather than put another $800 worth of iron rotors into the old beast. I have spare stock rotors anyways, sitting in a box. Additionally I had a locator pin missing in the one caliper, and it occurs to me that it may have shifted and was causing some rubbing/heat buildup or less thermal transfer. So that should help... riding the 1000 with real brakes yesterday shows just how much time I was leaving on the table without good brakes.

I have a couple different sprockets coming as well, watching your bike annihilate me out of the hairpins was sobering. Remapped the bike for gasoline and found some tight valves as well, so crossing fingers that it all comes together for the next race. Also installed some new clutch plates.

You may have misread me in regards to the RSV4... lol Got to keep that bike shiny for trade-in on the new one... planning to ride the RF on the street for the rest of 2015 and then convert it to full race this winter. If that falls through, maybe a new R1? Hate the looks of it, but track plastics will fix all the evils.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom