Nice place to stay in the near north | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nice place to stay in the near north

So the website says no extra charges for extended (roaming on Bell) which wouldn't be bad but my coworkers got messages saying they'd be billed and in many places on that map where it shows extended their phones wouldn't work at all. I had full 3G.

Anyway, if it works for you, great!

I couldn't figure out why I was not getting signal and kid was...found out about the extended from Rogers and that fixed it.

Here's the FAQ on Rogers extended

https://www.rogers.com/business/ns/en/smallbusiness/support/faqs/extendednetworkcoverage/

I don't really need it tho as Nav on phone is GPS based and everywhere we stay has wifi and usually a cafe for lunch or McD's in a pinch. Just useful at times to keep up on email or find something local.

Last edited:
Gorgeous day ....gonna wander on Winding roads with Port Loring as a destination .....she has a few rooms in the house so not going to book ahead in case I bail early

Finally found my coffee place in Huntsville - Coffee Cabin after dodging Sat traffic - damn place has expanded big time.
Good break spot.

Came up some decent mellow backroads and another hour to go to Quiet Bay...ended up booking the last room for $69 ...
Travelling super light but figure I;ll ride the area tomorrow - stay another night and wander home back roads again

Enjoying my Audible book and weather is great tho I'm a tad warm....dressed for tomorrow morning in the mid teens- it's just on the edge for the Scott jacket.

If anyone has riding tips in the Parry Sound / Huntsville area let me know.

BTW there are deals after the long weekend on this place. :D

http://www.quietbaylog.com/Rates.html

Geez - what a nice spot....hot tub outside my door, pool - place to kick back outside the door in a chair and two big beds and decent shower.....bargooon

Should have come here for the meteor shower....watch it from the hot tub.

Nippy tonight 13 degrees ....its 4 season so maybe the Leonids if its clear. just a gorgeous sky.

Last edited:
Yum.....was looking for a light meal since pigged out at Lost Channel buffet around 1 - then got back around 4 pm and snoozed.

.english pubby style was open just up the road

hearty beef n bean soup, excellent chai tea with steamed milk and a top notch bread pudding for desert gorgeosly presented - took a while for each course but all was done up very well.

fun sort of place

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...-Magnetawan_Northeastern_Ontario_Ontario.html

just up the road

Lazy day riding...

520 was nice and scenic....Bunny Traaail rough at the north end

Shebestekong not listed in the roads should be.

Goal was check out Port Loring ...not been there for decades ...used to be a cool saw dust burner that would glow across the lake at night ....long gone.

Caught and ate a lot of pickerel in that area. 6 mellow hours of riding and a trip back in time. Lost Channel lived up to its name - its been there a while and not much changed.

Was gonna have pickerel for lunch til I saw $14 for a small dinner.....that was take out with picnic tables !!! yikes

Back
Top Bottom