More Pan Am BS--Kayne West This Time | GTAMotorcycle.com

More Pan Am BS--Kayne West This Time

backmarkerducati

Site Supporter
What a load that this guy is going to "headline" the closing ceremonies. Here is the petition to have him replaced with some Canadian Talent.

https://www.change.org/p/toronto-pa...-ceremony-for-the-toronto-pan-american-games?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/07/16/anti-kanye-petition-now-at-over-14000-signatures.html

Now they have said petition or not it is too late to replace him. The way I see it is this, the petition is just the right kind of bad publicity the games need, it is all over the press and if it keeps going it will remain so (so sign it and do your part). As an added bonus it may push Mr. West into one of his rants/meltdowns about HIS talent during the performance… Signing this guy is just another example of the bad leadership running these games...

The head of the Pan Am Games actually said today that the event is international so it needs an international star, which to me implies no Canadian musician is an international star?

Even if you are a Kanye fan he has no business IMO headlining this event, it should be a Canadian "International" star, and we do have some...

Thistle go over like Elton Johns' Sturgis Bike Week headlining of H-D 100th anniversary shindig.

Kanye is arguably an amazing talent, at the forefront of music today, and really really really good live (saw him at the Amphitheatre forever ago). The Pan Am games are lucky to have him.

Sure, it would great to have Canadian talent up there. But let's face it, there isn't anyone close to comparable with Canadian roots. There are some excellent Canadian musicians, but none with the broad based appeal of Kanye

What a crock of sht. Mr West has ego problems & everybody knows it. Do you really want him to represent any of your ceremonies?

Even if nobody listens to Brian Adams, everyone knows who he is. Why can't he perform?

Anyone but that ego maniac. After his outbursts in recent years I'm surprised this option was even considered.

Anyone but that ego maniac. After his outbursts in recent years I'm surprised this option was even considered.

We should kick him out and put Taylor Swift instead. That would blow this megalomaniac's mind. :D

I'll take Kanye over Drake or Bieber...

Not me. For this event, Wheelchair Jimmy would be the obvious choice if you're going Urban/ hiphop. Or...the Hip, Rush, ...

He should be banned for his outbursts.

Not me. For this event, Wheelchair Jimmy would be the obvious choice if you're going Urban/ hiphop. Or...the Hip, Rush, ...

I vote Seasick Steve.

Well kudos for caring enough to start this thread. Its Kanye, at the pan am games. Pan am, Kanye, the only part here that matters is its the closing. Thank God its over.

8.1 million was spent on tent rentals. 8.1 million, most are 10x10ft. The legacy of infrastructure... oh right we ship them back to France. That's right folks we ordered 8.1million dollars of rental tents from France.

Well kudos for caring enough to start this thread. Its Kanye, at the pan am games. Pan am, Kanye, the only part here that matters is its the closing. Thank God its over.

8.1 million was spent on tent rentals. 8.1 million, most are 10x10ft. The legacy of infrastructure... oh right we ship them back to France. That's right folks we ordered 8.1million dollars of rental tents from France.

Whoa. http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/b...-pan-am-games-rented-tents-average-10000-each

Must be arctic expedition rated.

Guys, Who cares?

This bothers me more than the Kanye thing. Yes, there will be legacy stadiums (York University stadium, PanAm complex in scarborough, the stadium in hamilton, etc.) but yeah, there will be a ton of money spent on things that will ultimately vanish - tents, security, temporary stadiums)

We'll see what the end result is from a financial standpoint, my guess is that it would have been cheaper to just build the stadiums without the games themselves.

id just like to say rihana held the best Pan am games and deserved the grammy instead.

I signed it the day it came out. I met his in a private party about 7-8 years ago before it was publicly known (in this scale) what a ********* he is. And back then, in the less than 5 min conversation i had with him, i came to the conclusion that this is one giant ******!

Did you read the article? No Canadian company could fill the order so they went international... What's the problem...

Back
Top Bottom