BMW S1000R - his and hers | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW S1000R - his and hers

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Not sure if they were the RR or not .....but

Saw the bikes parked at the Forks and no chicken strips....figured hard core....yeah....but hard core couple. !!!!

Damn they are serious machines....

bmw1000r.jpg

Even though we expected the S1000RR to beat all of the other bikes we didn't anticipate the thorough ***-whoopin' it delivered. Maybe it didn't dig out of the hole as quickly as a few others, but as soon as it found it legs the game was over. From 0-150 the next fastest bike, the otherwise unstoppable Hayabusa, was a half-second slower-or roughly five bike lengths!
From the sidelines it was visibly and audibly faster, while in the saddle the BMW felt similar to the 'Busa, only about 100 pounds lighter. After the first pass we knew the numbers would be impressive, and unfortunately for the other bikes in its class there simply was no contest. It's purely a numbers game, and the BMW simply has too much steam under the hood for the others to contend with-even an AMA Superbike! Now there's something to talk about at bike night.

Buyer's Box
** **MSRP: $15,730
Engine: 999cc, liquid cooled, four stroke, inline four cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Weight:461 pounds (wet)bmw1000r.jpg
**2nd Opinions:

** "Much like the Japanese caught the US sleeping on that ill-fated day in December of 1941, the Germans have done very much the same to the Japanese with their S1000RR. No matter the category, the BMW has everything beat, even the mighty 'Busa. And despite fighting wheelies even beyond 100 mph, keep the throttle pinned and this Bimmer will lay waste to anything in sight. If you want the fastest production bike in the world, look no further." -Justin
"I was utterly amazed at just how much power the BMW makes. The acceleration is epic and completely linear from start to finish. Whack the throttle, hold on and pay attention because triple digits come up quick!" -John

Tuned BMW
178.8 HP
0-60: 2.8 seconds
1/4-mile: 10.04@150 mph
100-150 mph: 4.9 seconds
0-150: 10.04 seconds
A Brock's Performance full exhaust and Power Commander with a precisely tuned map from Brock Davidson (to match his pipe) were the only mods needed to utterly transform the S1000RR. It slaughtered the other bikes in stock trim, but once we installed the upgrades it trounced the ZX-10R superbike (see next page) just as thoroughly. That's right-a piped and fueled BMW beat an AMA Superbike in a head-to-head brawl. From the seat it felt significantly faster, and the numbers confirmed it as fact. In the 100-150 measure the BMW pulled two-tenths on the superbike, which equates to several bike lengths. Imagine that gap down the front straight at a racetrack or down the quarter mile strip...

http://www.superstreetbike.com/features/horsepower-shootout-bmw-s1000rr-vs-world

They're a love/hate thing for most. I think they're amazing machines. Can't wait to get mine next year. In all honesty the power part is cool but for me it's a 80% looks thing. It could be a 500 twin and look like that and I'd still love it.

I know whose bikes those are ... They're on the forum; let's see if they speak up ... Definitely no chicken strips ...

Dunno - had not seen the bikes before - impressive machines.
Is there an R and RR version?

Kinda strange to see this angular future machine with the familiar round BMW logo almost looking out of place not being on an airhead.

The last couple of days have been a congregation of Adventure bikes up there ...notably Vstroms after a weekend of loud and obnoxious...was nice to have some civilized sounds.

Then these sort of materialized ....and certainly on take off in no way announced their power. Hard to beleive...460 lb and that kind of power......

A 500 cc looking like that still on for 100 HP....that appeals.

Last edited:
I think I know this couple, met them at the same place about 6 weeks ago during GTAM meet up with Joe, Inreb, etc. I was busy talking to the guy. He wanted to buy a Tuono but didn't like George from Corsa so he decided to get the S1K R.

They are BMW fans, both track their bikes. I know that his wife also had the RR (prob 2013). That's the only time I saw two S1K R and two Tuono at the same time, same place and same color (1 white, 1 yellow).

Oh was she the lady who posted here about getting the s1000r when it first came out. I think it was white?

^yup, part of some sort of posse or something......

When are you getting one, Sonny?

Buy a Mazda, check it out.

My S1000R is custom paint. She went crazy with the carbon fiber.

Last edited:
Taking mine out on Monday morning and riding it all the way to Victoria, should be fun. ;)

Back
Top Bottom