Riding pants for the non-ATGATT crowd 511 TactLite | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding pants for the non-ATGATT crowd 511 TactLite

Been wearing the 5.11 for over 15 years .First the cotton tactical pants now the rip stop . Probably the best pant on the market .I doubt they offer any rider any extra protection . The rip stop are extremely durable.

I've given up on "protection" pants and put the armor underneath comfortable pants instead. 511s go to now for me and damn they wash up well and dry quick.
The Taclites feel much lighter than they look....they are well crafted too.

Today tho it's my very light Columbia convertibles...it's just too muggy to wear much. Lots of squids about.

I like Duluth Trading Company pants... both their regular 'firehose' pants which seem very tough and well made, as well as their quick dry nylon pants -- which are also made tough.

I just got a pair of Aerostich AD1 pants -- expensive, especially considering our low dollar, but they are waterproof as they claim (tested them yesterday) and as long as you keep moving they are also cool enough as the goretex breathes. They are a bit much stopped at traffic lights in the heat though. They seem to have the knee pads well designed that they don't move around like other pants I've tried and they reside over my knees, which is a bonus for taking a chance on the sizing and not being sized by Aerostich.

Some of you guys complaining about the heat might want to check out some performance under gear like VnM Sportswear.

Back
Top Bottom