Riding pants for the non-ATGATT crowd 511 TactLite | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding pants for the non-ATGATT crowd 511 TactLite

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Been very please with the durability and fast dry aspect of these

5.11-tactical-taclite-pro-pants-1.jpg

RipStop Cargo Pants -Taclite Pro Pants | Official 5.11 Site

They fit true to size, offer a wide range of sizes and colours ....

Go over boots and knee armor nicely. Great variety of pockets some with flaps to keep things secure,
Just ordered my second pair.

Picked up some wide suspenders on our 3 week western trip and that was a nice addition for riding.

I get mine from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._127745480_pd_te_o_bx_ti/188-5069760-9419109?

The fabric is lighter weight than my jeans...? How are these protective?

The fabric is lighter weight than my jeans...? How are these protective?

They are not, hence MacDoc wrote this in his post. "Go over boots and knee armor nicely"

They are not, hence MacDoc wrote this in his post. "Go over boots and knee armor nicely"

Oh I see. All my pants except maybe one or two pairs fit that description, heh.

I do think they offer a bit more protection than jeans due to the fabric type (rip-stop ) and teflon ( which would slide) but not by much.
Lighter, cooler and dry really fast plus room for high boots and knee armor.....because they size correctly you can get the correct waist and length......too much of a crap shoot with other brands

Might try a pair of their heavier Tac series for winter. The Tac lites are designed around military and police needs - good pocket design - double fasteners button and snap and a neat sliding waist feature that keeps them snug.

PURPOSE BUILT
Modeled after our legendary Tactical Pant, the Taclite® Pro Pant offers all the quality and utility you expect from premium 5.11 apparel. Like our Taclite TDU ripstop tactical pants, the Taclite Pro Pant is crafted from authentic Taclite poly/cotton fabric for outstanding comfort and performance in hot or humid climates, and features triple stitch reinforcements and extensive bartacking for maximum durability. An action waistband and full gusseted crotch provide complete freedom of movement, while a Teflon® fabric treatment protects against stains, spills, and soil. A double thick seat and knees enhance protection and resilience, the seven pocket configuration includes our signature strap and slash rear pockets, and an integrated D-ring at the hip holds your keys or ID. When you need full featured ripstop cargo pants that won't slow you down, 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants are the ideal choice.

OVERVIEW:
Lightweight, breathable, comfortable
Ideal for hunting, hiking, and outdoor activities
Seven pocket configuration
Signature 5.11 strap and slash rear pockets
Teflon treatment for stain, soil, and spill resistance
Action waistband
Full gusseted crotch
Hip-mounted D-ring holds keys or ID

SPECIFICATIONS:
6.14 oz. Taclite poly/cotton ripstop fabric
48 individual bartacks in high stress areas
Double thick seat and knees (kneepad ready)
Triple-stitch reinforcement
Draw cord openings at bottom hem
YKK® zippers
Prym® snaps

I thought they'd be stiff but are not at all. Designers knew what they were doing
Considering trying a spray on water repellent just to cover off light rain

Last edited:
These ones apparently are meant for bike cops and have kevlar reinforcement:

http://www.511tactical.com/stryke-motor-pants.html

74412_190_01.jpg

Specifically engineered to stand up to the demanding duties of mounted police, the 5.11 Stryke™ Motor Pant offers an ideal blend of comfort, performance, and protection. The 5.11® Stryke Motor Pant is crafted from our strong, durable, and breathable Flex-Tac® mechanical stretch fabric and features DuPont Kevlar® reinforcements at the hips, knees, and seat to protect against road injury. A riding gusset at the crotch increases comfort and maximizes freedom of movement while mounted, and specialized cargo pockets at each thigh are designed to be accessed while seated. Articulated knees improve agility when mounting or dismounting, adjustable elastic stirrups keep pants from riding up, a self-adjusting tunnel waistband provides a secure fit, and reinforced construction throughout ensures long garment life.

Cool - thanks for that -

$159 US tho ....hmmmm versus $54 for the non-kevlar..$100 buys some decent knee and hip armor

Still having some road rash protection ....not thrilled with colour

Last edited:
I have many pants from 511 like the type in the original post. I love them. Mostly wear them for work, though.

I was surprised how comfortable they were ..worked very well for 3 weeks on the road

I've liked Columbia as well for my tropical gear - oversize riding shirts ( I buy fishing shirts with big pockets ) I can wear over or under my armored shirt.
And convertible cargos

This is my go to riding shirt - big enough pockets for camera gear, phone etc and all velcro holds...vented at the back and dries fast aas it's a poly blend.

fm7120-450-columbiaf_01.jpg

http://workingperson.com/columbia-shirts-blue-bonehead-cotton-fishing-shirt-fm7120-450.html

I guess this is the new version

https://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-b...html?cgid=pfg&dwvar_FM7048_variationColor=499

Good size and colour choices ..up to 5xl and truefit,
Fnd Columbia lasts and lasts,

Last edited:
for durable cargos, go to Marks and get the ones meant for contractors. very durable.

i have scorpian kevlar lined jeans. i like them,they fit similar to Levis 505s but just slightly snugger.. maybe just because they arent broken in.

for durable cargos, go to Marks and get the ones meant for contractors. very durable.

i have scorpian kevlar lined jeans. i like them,they fit similar to Levis 505s but just slightly snugger.. maybe just because they arent broken in.
If you get the Pro version of these they offer decent protection. Full coverage and thicker kevlar. I've seen a crash report in the non-Pros and they did not hold up well. Guy got tons of road rash. He seemed to think they actually worked well, though.

Back
Top Bottom