GSXR 600 - What tires are you using? Time for a new set. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR 600 - What tires are you using? Time for a new set.

I think a sport touring tire would be your best bet.

Dunlop Roadsmart, Pirelli Angel, Bridgestone BT023 or a Michelin Pilot Road.

They will probably cost a little more than something like a Q3 but they will last a lot longer. Well worth it in the end.

Amen to that.

I get 20k on my rears, but I used to ride alot

Wow. What's it like lol. If I get 10k out of a rear pp3 I'm impressed.
Got to change tires once every 2 seasons. No difference in traction on the streets. In fact better traction in wet, cold, plus no warm up time.

Jamie.... I'm no expert ...but that advice is just wrong
Proof is in the pudding man. My friend ran his Q3's at 36 psi front/42 psi rear on his 08 R1, got them installed the same day as me. We both recorded our odometer km's so we could compare when they needed changing. He drives easy, doesn't take any passengers, no funny stuff. I ran 31 front and 28 rear (up to 32 both if my passenger was slightly over 100 pounds and we're doing highway), almost ALWAYS had a passenger, tons of wheelies, MONSTER burnouts during the world cup, etc. My rear lasted 6,437km's until the cords were showing, nice wide wear patch, front was still good, ZERO cupping. His tire lasted 3,918 km's to the cords, pencil thin wear line in the middle, starting to square off, front was slightly cupping.

No idea how much wear is caused by improper suspension setup (i.e. the front cupping) as my bike was set up by Sharrard (with Elka rear shock) and his bike is stock/stock, and don't know if it's ever been setup/adjusted or even the fork fluid changed! :(

Identical bikes (minus some suspension upgrades), he's at least 50 lbs lighter than me. The higher the pressure, the more tiny the contact patch, causing accelerated wear on that one tiny strip, at least that's my theory.

Did the same thing with Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires! 13,200km's out of the rear running 26psi. Everyone I talked to said that was absolutely absurd.

. I ran 31 front and 28 rear (up to 32 both if my passenger was slightly over 100 pounds and we're doing highway), almost ALWAYS had a passenger, tons.. .

Trying to resist pedobear joke...

Just run a sport touring tire.

Want me to post a pic of me dragging knee on an old school Diablo Strada? Arguably a prehistoric sport touring tire compared to today's multi-compound options.

He drives easy, doesn't take any passengers, no funny stuff. His tire lasted 3,918 km's to the cords, pencil thin wear line in the middle, starting to square off, front was slightly cupping.

I've ran two sets of Q2's and one set of Q3's for full life-spans on the street. All on litre bikes and never had a lifespan of under 10,000km on a set. Factory gsxr spec tire pressures each time.

Back
Top Bottom