Cabot Trail 2015 on a SS with dual GoPros - updates will come as i go | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cabot Trail 2015 on a SS with dual GoPros - updates will come as i go

EaZ8

With only a couple days till the trip starts i thought ide make a thread and update it as i go.

me and a buddy are throwing the bikes in the truck Friday and driving out to Cabot trail, going to drive through the night rotating drivers so we can get there asap and relax a bit then ride the next day.(Google maps says its about 2000 or 20 hrs each way...give or take a little)
total trip will be about 9 or 10 days, ive got 2 gopros set up and may be stopping at a buddies on the way and borrowing a 3rd, OnStar wifi Hotspot in my truck and bikes are prepped and ready to go.

you can follow me on instagram @EaZ8 or same username for youtube (my channel kinda sucks right now but ill be adding to it this week while im not riding, as well as some of our bike builds over this winter)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGVEh_6M46Mt5CE2UFhtqGg/videos

First night we will be staying in Baddeck...other than booking the time off work thats about the extent of our planning. not sure where we are going after that. plan is to ditch the truck and ride for 2 days then drive somewhere else, ride 2 days...and so on. I managed to get a hold of a friend who is willing to let me park my truck there if needed.

one thing i hope we have time for is to ride across the bridge to PEI, that and the Cabot trail are the 2 stated goals of the trip.
Ive been chatting with Cabot Trail Rider (a f-book vloger kinda) and may meet up with him to do some riding on some of the local roads that arent as well known.

geared up for rain, hoping for sun!

anyone who has done this trip im down for some last min input.

Been many years since I did the Cabot trail, but watch out for cops when you get around Big Smokie. They hand out a lot of speeding tickets there for obvious reasons. Sunrise Trail is nice by motorcycle if you're headed for the PEI bridge, water is warm and scenery is beautiful.

Did a 2 week driving tour around Nova Scotia in 2008 and really wished I had my bike. There are many more interesting roads and places to see all over the province, other than just the Cabot trail . Just stay off the main highways and you will be well rewarded.

Good luck! Will be doing the ride at the end of August. Looking forward to some footage.
Followed ya on Insta.

Get the t-shirt :)

http://cabottrailbiker.com/

And Meat Cove is worth a visit
ive been emailing back and forth with Daniel (the guy who makes those shirts and runs that site) and got a bit of info from him. some hotels to stay at etc. really solid guy, he sent me his # so may try to meet up at some point and do some riding.

Good luck! Will be doing the ride at the end of August. Looking forward to some footage.
Followed ya on Insta.
thanks! really looking forward to the trip, the best roads ive ridden on so far are just in muskoka and a few out in trenton, its going to be nice to get back on some roads where you can really stretch the bikes legs and stay in the same gear for more than 30 seconds.

any footage i post during this week will be fairly raw, i suck at editing.

just got my truck back from service,oiled up and 2 new tires put on (warranty issue...the truck is basically bran new) going to test the trucks wifi after dinner and start gearing up! also my scorpian jeans just came in, they fit bit snugger than levis 505s but will be good to go.

Well im just passing trenton, stopped off to see a buddies 1 day old son and borrowed a 3rd gopro for the trip.
ranger on to Montreal!

I believe in NS they have a zero tolerance policy for speeding. And I mean 0. They will give you a 5 over. Locals get an automatic suspension for speeding.
Watch the locals you will notice almost nobody speeds.
Mind you, it has been years since I've been. But I can't imagine that it has changed. I learned the hard way.

My bud lives in new glasgow. Has not been suspended for speeding, and he speeds everywhere. Like every where else all depends on the person in the uniform.

Last edited:
Just got into New Brunswick, it rained most the night abd this morning but starting to clear up.
1100km so far down

My bud lives in new glasgow. Has not been suspended for speeding, and he speeds everywhere. Like every where else all depends on the person in the uniform.

That maybe so.
I'm not really sure. I tried to look up the law. Couldn't find anything. We got tickets for 20 over on the highway. Mentioned it to some locals and they told us that there is zero tolerance on speeding and they get a suspension for even 5 over. So who knows. I did notice after the ticket that on the highway people were pretty much right on the limit. So I thought the local may have been credible.
Either way have a good ride.

The locals you talked to must have had a lot of points on their license already, or perhaps they were talking about 50km/hr over the limit which has similar consequences to our HTA172.

In general, the speed limits are a bit higher than you'll find in Ontario, but locals don't exceed the limit by very much. There are lots of 90km/hr secondary roads that would be 80 or 60 in Ontario. You don't want to be going much faster than that anyway since many of the secondary roads can be in very rough shape, and the forest is typically not cleared back as far so the danger of wildlife is higher.

Last edited:
on HWY 2 right now, speed limit is 110km/hr.

just passed the 1400km mark from toronto, still have a few hrs left to go.

1935.8 km to the beginning of the cabot trail...which is where we are staying basically, but we are going to use that as the end point.
we are here, tired and going to enjoy free breakfast!!

and some pics as promised

First stop in trenton area

This morning after a 1-2 hr nap....

the view from our rental cottage/motel

\
and out parking

1935.8km knocked out from 9pm in mississaugs to here

well Cabot Trail was AMAZING!
we werent going to ride today but took the bikes to get breakfast then decided to go for a little ride which turned into hey lets just do a section of the cabot trail...which turned into doing the whole trail start to finish!

had great weather most the day then the last hr we got rained on. it was absolutely insane!
since we are now 1 day ahead of schedule we are trying to decide where we are going to go tomorrow...PEI maybe?

we decided to head out to PEI today, loaded up got across on the ferry got some food and now early to bed. going to see how much of the island we can ride tomorrow.
this time gopros charged up and ready to go.

So PEI has some AMAZING roads. long sweeping turns, amazing views and some other cool things to see too.
the best thing i personally like about the corners is you can see further into them that im useto...which also means you can in theory go a little faster.\roads are smooth, with a few exceptions and watch the manhole covers...they are usually missing 4-6 inches of pavement around them lol

the weather is kinda crap out here the rest of the week so i think im gona head back west then north... and see where i end up.

Back
Top Bottom