Are people on this forum interested in motovlogs? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are people on this forum interested in motovlogs?

I used to watch a vlog posted weekly by a guy that used to work for Competition Accessories in South Carolina. The vlog was called "Weekly Rides with Rueben". It was mostly test rides of diverse bikes but also had tips and tales. It was by a mature guy with a straightforward, no hamming-it-up presentation. I think he made something like 74 videos before...

...Competition Accessories went through some sort of upheaval and he ended up leaving and the vlog ended.

Virtually all vlogs I've seen otherwise are of idiots doing stupid things, reckless show-boaters, hams, guys that are spastic and/or ADHD sufferers etc. I can't stand any of that nonsense so I generally don't bother.

I used to like watching a few of them, but most of them just annoy the hell out of me now. That damn Jake the Garden Snake, wtf is his deal, he looks to be in his 30's and acts worse than a 10 year old. I have no clue how or why he has so many subs. I have my own theory that most of the popular guys, not all, are just nerds that wanted to be cool, bought a bike, and talk about nonsense. Look at DS83, guy still doesn't show his face, what a joke, why not??? It's not like all his bike are not totally recognizable. I fell he's just a chubby nobody that has become this mysterious Youtube sensation.
Then you get these new guys that have literally just bought a bike and a GOPRO at the exact same time, think they can be like some of the more popular ones and crash because they can't ride for ****. Good example is that last video posted of the bike crashes into u-turn car.

Almost scared to admit I've started doing some motovlogs for some friends I have in Europe. I also stream gameplay and the like. I've always enjoyed the "social" connection from these sort of ventures. While I am in no way popular I don't do it for that, I'm a decent rider and by no means do I showboat or try to pull off mad stunts (to old for that) I think I'll look back on these video's and smile or shake my head and think I was a fool, either way I want them as part of my life and others who may find it interesting or funny or whatever.

To be honest, my original plan was to record scenic routes through Ontario, Since I just received my camera I have yet to do that, so I'll say at this point I find the quality of my recording not to my standards.

I've watched a few motovlogs and never became a fan of anyone, but some are quite fun, such as "Do it with Dan"

I have a few videos of my own but I only share them with family and friends abroad, I'm in no way funny or charismatic or insightful enough to start a motovlog worth watching.

Last edited:
I've watched a few motovlogs and never became a fan of anyone, but some are quite fun, such as "Do it with Dan"

I have a few videos of my own but I only share them with family and friends abroad, I'm in no way funny or charismatic or insightful enough to start a motovlog worth watching.

That's because they are just vids of you going from tag to tag racking up points ?
I would have to disagree. You may not think that you are any of those things, but maybe others do. Like another poster stated, put them up for family, friends and yourself. If others watch, cool.
$#!+, my son watches some guy play video games on YouTube. Guy is super annoying. Also has like 3 million views. (mind you, my kid may be responsible for half of them)

That's because they are just vids of you going from tag to tag racking up points
I would have to disagree. You may not think that you are any of those things, but maybe others do. Like another poster stated, put them up for family, friends and yourself. If others watch, cool.
$#!+, my son watches some guy play video games on YouTube. Guy is super annoying. Also has like 3 million views. (mind you, my kid may be responsible for half of them)

Well, my momma always told me I was handsome and funny and could have a lot of friends if I wanted to...

I've never had the interest of watching sports or vlogs for that matter. Didn't appeal to me to watch others ride. Why watch when you can do it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom