Hey cruisers, why dont u wave at my sportbike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey cruisers, why dont u wave at my sportbike?

They were riding to the McDonalds ?

Seriously though, some HD guys don't wave to anyone but HD. I also have noticed the "nod" more from them. They usually can't handle the bike with one hand ✋
If I see you, I'll wave ?

I've noticed that the Harley guys who are too hardcore to wave, are usually the weekend warrior dentist/accountant types.
I've actually had hells angels wave back to me before, when I was riding my Vstrom.
Joe, you're just a wave-whore. :D
Edit: I also haven't seen you waving at my crane...

Wave whore, ice cream whore, burger whore...

Noticed you cruisers being mean on the road, why??

Like the others said its a kind of different up here in Ontario and areas of GTA.... just got back from the US (NY and PA) and had even the hard core guys on ape hangers wave out to everyone. I find the SOA types and posers tend to be up here and closer to the GTA.. and not just on cruisers, all bikes.

I wave to everyone except scooters and snowmobiles with with wheels .

This thread came right out of left field. Are some people not waving? Say it ain't so.

Noticed you cruisers being mean on the road, why??

Could be different reasons. Personally im not riding a cruiser, but:
It could be how you wave.
It could be because you are riding a 250
It could be your appearance, like tshirt and flipflops
It could be, that some ppl only wave to cruisers same as sportbikers only to sportbikers

Thare are a lot of reasons...

Could also be that they are waving while keeping their hands on the bars and you don't see it. How long do you stare at them to make sure they are not waving at you?

81 honda C70 Passport. I wave to everyone who waves and all bikes in general. I don't wave to anyone on a scooter though unless they wave. I also ride with a lot of different types of people/riders in the city. More than half the time I'm leading. I wear full gear and lose people in traffic and off the light. No one expects me to move like I do. I even ride pretty clean and legal too.

Could also be that they are waving while keeping their hands on the bars and you don't see it. How long do you stare at them to make sure they are not waving at you?

+100% on this I am noting more and more ppl are just raising a couple of fingers while keeping their hand on the bars. With all the crap we put up with from
cagers and cell phone addicted drivers likely not a bad idea. Could also be they are intimidated by you, knowing your riding 2 the gym..lol

If you use huge arm movements most harleys will wave back. I like to do this while leaned over, so I can watch them attempt it and almost leave the road. 1 out of ten know how to steer. The other 9 can't let go of a handle bar that long. I still stop to help when they are broken down at the side of the road, I've noticed not as many people do this anymore.

Back
Top Bottom