Track day | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track day

If you have not been to a track then it's not going to be that much fun for you. There are some very basics you should know in regards to safety and after that you have to understand the fundamentals. Some things you need to do is intuitive and others not so much. I suggest that you hit up a school like Racer5 or befriend someone at the track day that you go to and let them know that you're a noob and looking for advise. All trackstars love attention so it shouldn't be too hard :) But seriously, do the school it would be 10 times better and maybe cheaper than just doing a track day by yourself.

http://www.pro6cycle.com/TrackDays/Schedule.aspx
I might be at the Sept 19th at 'Bogie

For schools you have two choices.

I'd recommend either Www.fastridingschool.com Shannonville (SMP) or www.racer5.ca Cayuga (TMP).

Both operate on smaller, flat tracks which are great for beginners like yourself. Once you have the basics then move to larger faster tracks with elevation changes.

Pro6 is an amazing choice as a trackday provider. Come play when you are ready.

Schools are always the best step as other suggested, unless you have experienced track riders as friends that are willing to show you the ropes, I wouldn't suggest starting at a track day on your own, not to say that it is impossible.

Did Anyone here take some class from fastridingschool or racer5, which one would you recommend?
ps: I will bring my own bike

Racer 5 over fast from my experiences

I think racer5 makes you use their 125s to start.

FAST you can bring your own or rent one of theirs, when I went it was 600cc motorcycles. Not sure what is in their fleet now.

FAST would be my choice

I did FAST. It was great. I highly recommend it.

Did Anyone here take some class from fastridingschool or racer5, which one would you recommend?
ps: I will bring my own bike

Friend of mine took FAST first then Racer5. I took Total Control (my GSXR750) and Racer5. We both agreed Racer5 is a much better starting point because with 125s you only worry about body positioning, lines, and minimal throttle control. On most turns, you don't even need to brake to scrub off speed, just use engine braking (this changes once the pace picks up).

Twist of the Wrist 2 explains the concept of attention really well: you have a set amount of attention, and if you ever exceed that amount you will freak out by fixating on only one thing (speed, braking forces, lean angle, stuff you don't want to hit, etc.). There is less stuff that'll draw your attention on a 125 (speed and braking forces come to mind).

Back
Top Bottom