Grease Ninja | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grease Ninja

spray____

Site Supporter
Anyone have one of these, or something similar? For the cost it looks like it could be handy to have in your toolbox for getting a clean coat of lube on your chain. Maybe you need to be a little OCD to be concerned with such things.

5:45
[video=youtube;7H5hgVbTvhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5hgVbTvhg&t=5m45s[/video]

Never clean or lube the chain with the chain turning into the sprocket! The guy in the vid does it twice.That is how you can lose a finger.And none of the gadgets shown are worth it.A couple of rags,kerosene and your choice of lube.The gadgets just make make more mess.

Last edited:
Never clean or lube the chain with the chain turning into the sprocket! The guy in the vid does it twice.That is how you can lose a finger.

What do you mean, "chain turning onto the sprocket"? The motor isnt running. I don't see how anyone could lose a finger spinning the rear wheel by hand.

And none of the gadgets shown are worth it.A couple of rags,kerosene and your choice of lube.The gadgets just make make more mess.

The gadget I was referring to is the grease ninja, which distributes the lube onto the orings. You think it makes more of a mess? The video makes it look like it leaves a pretty neat pattern with no overspray.

A rag can easily get caught on a sprocket tooth and pull a finger in if turned in the wrong direction.It can't happen when turned the other way.Simple.

A rag sprayed with lube is much simpler than anything else.
[video=youtube;682LEXdI-80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682LEXdI-80[/video]

A rag can easily get caught on a sprocket tooth and pull a finger in if turned in the wrong direction.It can't happen when turned the other way.Simple.

A rag sprayed with lube is much simpler than anything else.
[video=youtube;682LEXdI-80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682LEXdI-80[/video]

I see what you're saying now. Still, I wouldn't have thought that was an issue. You could definitely get your finger pinched, but it would be a sharp reminder to pay attention to what you're doing. I'm not sure anyone is losing a digit that way.

The video actually reinforces my original view. That guy seems like he's using an awful lot of chain lube, and it's getting much on the o-rings. It looks like he's using chain wax to clean the chain, and mostly just polishing the side plates.

I see what you're saying now. Still, I wouldn't have thought that was an issue. You could definitely get your finger pinched, but it would be a sharp reminder to pay attention to what you're doing. I'm not sure anyone is losing a digit that way.

The video actually reinforces my original view. That guy seems like he's using an awful lot of chain lube, and it's getting much on the o-rings. It looks like he's using chain wax to clean the chain, and mostly just polishing the side plates.
Heavy cog(wheel) is turning a light cog(sprocket), this amplifies force. Put a chicken feet in there & see how it turns out

iirc, somebody in OTR got real bloody doing that.

Heavy cog(wheel) is turning a light cog(sprocket), this amplifies force. Put a chicken feet in there & see how it turns out
I've demonstrated with a carrot.Google image "finger in sprocket".Warning....graphic.

why do people insist on lubing chains? what is the purpose of the orings on a chain? to keep the grease INSIDE. lubing does nothing but attract dirt to stick to it, like fly paper. and thus put extra wear on all the moving and rubbing parts. just keep it clean with mineral spirits like diesel or kerosene. I go 2 yrs on a chain and they are still in great shape.

why do people insist on lubing chains? what is the purpose of the orings on a chain? to keep the grease INSIDE. lubing does nothing but attract dirt to stick to it, like fly paper. and thus put extra wear on all the moving and rubbing parts. just keep it clean with mineral spirits like diesel or kerosene. I go 2 yrs on a chain and they are still in great shape.
Totally agree for street or track.Speaking for myself,i hate rusty chains.

This. I clean sometimes and use a small amount of wax to repel water and rust. Nothing more is required and certainly nothing special.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I do the same, just some kerosene. Apply with a rag, clean and lube it at the same time, done deal.

Back
Top Bottom