Anyone rent uhauls for trackdays? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone rent uhauls for trackdays?

Power doesn't play much of a factor when towing a small trailer with 1-2 bikes.

If one vehicle has a higher towing capacity I'd suggest that one.

Well technically were married to a jeep girl. I say if you're doing 99% on road why upgrade the axles and suspension? Unless they're due anyways I say leave them stock. I know on the jk the brakes are weak and so is the sound system. I will eventually be upgrading those too. Now if this was my rig I'd be looking at lift kits and at least 35" tires and a winch and light bars.

Forget the quads take the jeeps in some mud. I got a little trail in mississauga that's not too difficult for the stock jeep. Had it on 4hi and it had no problem. Probably will explore more next time and hopefully get it into 4lo. I need to make some jeep friends to go with so if I ever do get stuck I'm not sol.
If you feel the empty space inside the speaker box with polyfill, your sound will 100 percent get so much better. Look it up on youtube.

Guys, your jeeps will go up a wall, you don't even understand the crap I have gone through high seamed physically impossible.

I don't know much about jeeps pre 2012, sorry

I think we should create a jeep thread and stop high jacking this one lol

What's the smallest car anyone has seen someone tow a bike to the track with?

Power doesn't play much of a factor when towing a small trailer with 1-2 bikes.

If one vehicle has a higher towing capacity I'd suggest that one.

Any recommendations on hitches for a 2001 RAV4? I have no experience w/ cars aside from driving them lol

And LOL @ the Yaris comment. Guess power really has nothing to do with towing.

What's the smallest car anyone has seen someone tow a bike to the track with?
In Europe I saw some small cars towing 2 track bikes in an open trailer

Call Uhaul.
油井緋色;2328068 said:
Any recommendations on hitches for a 2001 RAV4? I have no experience w/ cars aside from driving them lol

油井緋色;2328068 said:

Uhaul, Canadian Tire, Drawtite, Hidden Hitch. Try to find one that does not require cutting the bumper skin.

Other than that it doesn't really matter, they're all more-or-less the same.

Just a note on Uhaul... If you have ANY kind of Ford Explorer (I have a sport trac) Uhaul won't rent you ANY trailer...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Just a note on Uhaul... If you have ANY kind of Ford Explorer (I have a sport trac) Uhaul won't rent you ANY trailer...

Strange.

I just rented a 6x12 enclosed for a track day yesterday. We were in a 2014 Explorer Sport edition.

edit: JayV just answered with the post above. :eek:

Wow, amazing.....

Next time you will have to tell them it's actually a Ranger and see if they call you out on it. :)

What? lol are they just making this **** up?

What does a hard or soft top have anything to do with towing?
Also if you have a wrangler it has to have the hard top

What? lol are they just making this **** up?

What does a hard or soft top have anything to do with towing?
Read 2nd bullet. They also told mer over the phone. They seem pretty strict about it. Kinda sucks but I don't have a soft top yet anyways.

Probably some American sued them for something and ruined it for the rest of us. Worst part is other convertibles can use their trailers. Just not SUV'S with soft tops.

ee542b5aae5c2e884c03d5eecd672631.jpg

Any Explorer older than 2010.

Strange.

I just rented a 6x12 enclosed for a track day yesterday. We were in a 2014 Explorer Sport edition.

edit: JayV just answered with the post above. :eek:

Thanks for the info...My sport trac just became a 2011 if I ever need to rent again..LOL

Since we are on the subject of towing; I bought a '15 wrx. Although Subaru does not recommend towing there are hitch manufacturers that make them. I searched endlessly on Subaru formns for any info on towing capacity but found none. Some owners do have a hitch for bicycles but haven't seen the new wrx/sti tow any motorcycle trailer. I searched and even contacted UK as the English tow just about anything, and they too said my car was not intended for towing. Anyone here owns a newer wrx/sti that has come across this issue?
I've been having Riders choice transport my bike to and from track and the cost is adding up.

Should have bought a pick up truck. Damn!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
2012 Subaru Forester xt. Got a class 3 hitch install. It's a 2.5l turbo boxer engine 4 speed auto. This is what the manufacture rates the cuv for. Your car is roughly the same platform. I think check out Subaru forms.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom