Kid's helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kid's helmets

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Anyone know where is a good place for reasonably priced kids street/ mx helmets? My BIL just got (won) my boys a little electric trike pocket bike, and I'd be a little more comfortable with them having full face protection.
Or if someone has a used one for sale.
Thanks

if its an electric trike that goes 10Km? you could probably get a BMX lid at a bike shop that does Mtn bike /bmx. Motorcycle helmet maybe be overkill and heavy on the kids neck?

I think it's a little more powerful. Possibly double that.

Ok, so my BIL brought it over today. The kids are loving it. Just had their bike helmets on, but will definitely be looking for the BMX helmet. Thanks Crankcall, that will be perfect.
Also, he clocked it earlier doing 25 km/h, so I may need to come up with some removable govenor (sp) for it, cause that's much too fast for the little guy. Any suggestions on that?

paint a line on the bars beside the twist grip and tell junior he can only go to the line. That should work for the first five minutes anyway.

paint a line on the bars beside the twist grip and tell junior he can only go to the line. That should work for the first five minutes anyway.

Lol if that.

it's electric? variable resistor on the throttle wire or see if the throttle can be set so it can not go past a certain point.

Ok, the first part is Chinese to me...variable resistor?
Looking at putting a doohickey on the throttle....maybe something that will hit the brake lever when throttle is turned...gear clamp with bolt?

Ok, the first part is Chinese to me...variable resistor?
Looking at putting a doohickey on the throttle....maybe something that will hit the brake lever when throttle is turned...gear clamp with bolt?

Variable resistor works like a volume knob. so you can adjust it to allow a percentage of power through. the thing may already have one. there also may be set screws somewhere to adjust how much the throttle will turn.

I was 12 when my dad bought a 3wheeler for hunting. He told my sis and I it had 3 gears, but no clutch. Older sister comes back after her first ride and now it's my turn.

20 minutes later...."Dad, Dad it doesn't have 3 gears, it's got FIVE!"

And so it began.

Variable resistor works like a volume knob. so you can adjust it to allow a percentage of power through. the thing may already have one. there also may be set screws somewhere to adjust how much the throttle will turn.

Will this be easy for an idiot like me to find/ adjust?

Will this be easy for an idiot like me to find/ adjust?

Probably a mass produced item designed to be assembled in the factory and not tinkered with in the field. Spare parts likely not available if you mess up.

A mechanical clamp on "Rev limiter" might be simpler. A metal strap rad clamped to the throttle so that it hits the underside of the brake lever at desired speed?

Probably a mass produced item designed to be assembled in the factory and not tinkered with in the field. Spare parts likely not available if you mess up.

A mechanical clamp on "Rev limiter" might be simpler. A metal strap rad clamped to the throttle so that it hits the underside of the brake lever at desired speed?

I was leaning towards that option. And easily removable for the older boy when he rides it.
Also, I don't think this would interfere with it's operation, because of his small hands.
Definitely a mass item, of the "disposable" when broken variety.

Back
Top Bottom