Window blinds install help needed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Window blinds install help needed

cbcanada

Banned
The previous home owner has glued the window blind brackets onto the the window frame. I am not sure what type of glue, however it seems rock solid even after I remove all fastening screws.

It feels as if he had glued both metal sides touching top and side of frame.

What are my options for the best way to remove this bracket, without damage the frame. Any advice?

c3c6faf7c6dd267d7af061e1c69d40e1.jpg
594f7c63cda81428dd2ad5328770dca3.jpg

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I'd apply heat (hair dryer) and pry with a thin blade (utility knife) to try to separate the bracket. If the glue is strong enough, the paint will come with it. It's not like drywall though, shouldn't pull up he paper face and whatnot.

Yup, you'll need a metal putty knife and aim the heat at the metal blade to help cut through the adhesive. You will lose some paint so if you know the colour go get a small tin of touch up.

Yup, you'll need a metal putty knife and aim the heat at the metal blade to help cut through the adhesive. You will lose some paint so if you know the colour go get a small tin of touch up.

You guys mean like an "Olfa" knife the razor thin ones you can break off?

Or the thin spatula you use for smearing putty on dry wall?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

putty-knife-250x250.jpeg

Like this, maybe a bit thinner plade. Must be metal to take the heat.

11f8abf8-e047-4f30-b9fc-f62f99028a5d_400.jpg

Looks like you have enough of a gap to slip a putty blade in there - wouldn't be prone to breaking as an Olfa blade would be when you're prying.

v508_hammer.jpg

655683a.jpg

Its probably not glued at all anyway.. just stuck to the paint. What kinda moron would ever bother gluing that when its screwed into wood? Quit pansying around and hit it with a frickin hammer. Fill the holes with drydex afterwards.

its probably not glued, once they have been screwed in place for a few yrs the heat from the sun makes them stick in the paint. Put a putty knife under and tap with a hammer and it will pop off. Flat bladed screwdriver if your careful. You don't need heat.

Maybe they used epoxy lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Small flat bar...putty knife may be too flimsy. Hammer slowly to break the bond of paint/glue and should come right off. Sand and re-paint as some paint will most likely come off.

Back
Top Bottom