best way to secure bolts?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

best way to secure bolts??

H4x0rz

For those of you who may ride a vtwin motor, how do you secure your bolts on light assemblies, etc?

I have been dealing with bolt undooing issues with my aftermarket lights, etc. used blue locktite and now red lock tite. They all seem to get loose after some time.

anyone know anything of nord lock washers?

I've always had success with blue locktite. Does your bike shake that much that locktite does not work? How about doubling the nuts for each bolt? That would be ridiculous.

I wouldnt recommend red loctite for accessories like lights. Red loctite "needs" heat to loosen it, so using it on bits that have plastic in them is not a great idea.

I feel your pain. I've had good luck using Lockwashers, blue locktite and Nylock nuts. It never will rattle loose again.

my lights are pretty much all metal except for the wiring. Ive been able to remove red locktite without heating it up.. :S

rtv silcone sealant is the least hassel . I use it on every bolt I take out that not critical ... critical stuff I use one of the loctites . .. I have never had an issue getting red loctite off without heat , even on small fasteners, but usually use blue.

Back
Top Bottom