Companies that do fire and theft ? Ss | GTAMotorcycle.com

Companies that do fire and theft ? Ss

Usually these are referred to as a non-highway use policy or offroad use policy (yeah, I know). State Farm used to write these, but I do not know if they still do. All state will do them, they say they won't, but get your agent to push the underwriter for it. I think they quoted me 1/2 of the cost of insurance with liability ($350/year or so). The state farm one (years ago) was much much cheaper, I think $100/year or so.

Most insurers are reluctant to issue this type of policy, don't be surprised if you get push back or they don't want to go down that route.

None offers it anymore, at least I don't know any company that offers it.

i have 2 bikes with state farm
all u have to do is call after hours when agent offices are closed and get the call center to add that for you
agents hate doing it cus there is no money in that for them

Wait are you guys saying no companies are offering theft insurance... isn't that the most popular thing that happens to bikes?

So if I have a 10k bike and it gets stolen I'm out of luck?

Pretty sure The Personal has let me put a vehicle on a policy and immediately "suspend" coverage. This means liability is taken off so it can't be ridden on the road. You are left with fire, theft, etc.

Wait are you guys saying no companies are offering theft insurance... isn't that the most popular thing that happens to bikes?

So if I have a 10k bike and it gets stolen I'm out of luck?

He wants ONLY fire and theft.

I go fire and theft only in winter on my bike, but I'm not in Onterrible.
Some companies here will let you. It's just not really worthwhile as you'd only save like 10% over a year.

Back
Top Bottom