Pan Am Opening Ceremonies = total crap | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pan Am Opening Ceremonies = total crap

backmarkerducati

Site Supporter
What a load of crap. Why can’t we showcase all Canadians and why can’t we showcase that Toronto is a modern metropolis. Instead we showcase ancient pasts and have a bunch of “art” that needs to be explained by the commentator on TV to figure out what the hell is going on….

If I was running the show, it would have started with Rush playing YYZ, with the Morse Code following along on the big screen the first few times, then the morse code with the letters. That would have set the pace for blowing the doors off the place. Follow that with our many international stars, at least those willing to show up.

-.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. Y Y Z Y Y Z

We have so much talent in this country and to the rest of the world we are people dancing around in the 1700s.

Where you there?

To each his own, but I thought that it was amazing.

The show was all about multiculturism, not "ancient pasts"

Last edited:
Where you there?

I haven't seen them yet but the Bloor - Danforth viaduct lighting is supposed to be amazing as well. For $3.5 million it should be.

How many potholes can you fill for 3.5 million?

Decent streets would also be amazing but everyone gets on the drunken sailor spending spree with these events.

P.S. They're hinting at going after the Olympics.

Where you there?

This is Toronto. We like to ***** and complain about anything and everything.
Personally if they were so horrible I wouldn't be watching them....but I was out having a BBQ and beers with friends so no clue.

One newscaster said in his interview with Curt Harnett that if complaining was an event Torontoians would be in medal contention. lol
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2671422636/

As for the Opening Ceremonies, what little I saw of it was great. Especially using the CN Tower for fireworks. Not sure if the $ spent is worth it in the end (not sure what was the actual amount spent is and what was gained for it), but proud to be Canadian.

Shouldn't fireworks be shot off at night?. The pics I saw show them before dark. Whats the point?

I haven't seen them yet but the Bloor - Danforth viaduct lighting is supposed to be amazing as well. For $3.5 million it should be.

How many potholes can you fill for 3.5 million?

Decent streets would also be amazing but everyone gets on the drunken sailor spending spree with these events.

P.S. They're hinting at going after the Olympics.

I was at the unveiling and it was kind of lame, IMO. July Talk was pretty good, though.

It was playing in the sheesha lounge. Was thinking what crap are they playing in here. Looked up, "oh panam games".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Didn't even watched it on TV

Back
Top Bottom