My dealings with MikeyMoto | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My dealings with MikeyMoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing sounds like someone trying to recoup costs/make a profit and hope no one asks questions when they look at the bike. Just because it isn't written in the ad that it wasn't dropped doesn't mean it wasn't. It's just a convenient way of not having to disclose stuff. I'm sure it's been done before by him as well as many others and will most likely happen again. OP I know you don't care about the bike but just they fact that Mikey may be not disclosing the true history of the bike (if indeed true is very sketchy and would expect better of someone apparently that is trusted by fellow bikers) but don't waste time or money going further with it. It's not worth it. This thread existing helps people choose who they want to believe and really that's all you can do. Trust me when I say its not worth suing for stuff. Been there done that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. Appreciate the response.

The whole aim of this post is to inform the community. Period.

Has anyone found the the text in the ad where it states that the bike has never been dropped or down?

I keep looking but it hasn't shown up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know either the OP or Mikey. That said:

In the ad it lists a few aftermarket parts and then states the rest is stock. To me, body work from another year and replaced major parts like wheels and frame that are OEM ....may in fact technically be stock parts, but the bike isn't "stock". To me stock means that it's the way it came originally. My interpretation at any rate. I'd call it a lie of omission. It's more important what was revealed to a potential buyer before purchase.

There's a difference between what is said in the ad and what is said in the face to face. Do we know how much was disclosed? No, we only know what some other guy told us what was said/not said. We don't know nothing.

Face to face? Last bike I bought was a 5hr. round trip. I'd be a little cheesed off if, at the 2.5hr. mark of my excellent adventure, I were told "oh by the by, this sweet ride you fancy was a near write off only a few short days ago still interested?"

Kinda curious why you're hung up on this. An extensively repaired bike is a deal breaker for a lot of people spending hard earned dosh. At a minimum, to save time and bother, it should be mentioned up front. It's an important characteristic of that bike.

The OP keeps going on about how the ad is full of lies. I don't see any lies.

IMO a lot of people are stupid when it comes to bikes. A lot of people think bikes are delicate flowers and if they fall over in a parking lot there will be something wrong with it.

Frankly, based on the description I read I see a newly assembled bike with lots of new/good/straight parts along with whatever was usable/good/straight parts from the old bike. The old bike that was crashed and heavily damaged is gone and it doesn't exist anymore. The bike that's being sold is not the same bike that the OP crashed.

True Story. A friend of mine crashed and almost completely destroyed a brand new ZX14 at deals gap back in 2009. The only things we could really salvage from it were the motor and electronics. We sourced a ZX14 from Quebec that was used by the company that builds those silly TRex things. They remove the electronics and the motor then sell the rest of the bike whole. We bought one of those rolling chassis bikes and installed our good motor and electronics. Did that new(er) ZX14 ever crash into a guard rail at 120kph down in NC? Was that new ZX14 ever down? No.

Our rebuild scenario sounds a lot like this one.... the only difference being that the VIN did not remain the same.

A lot of sketchy people on this forum that I would be hesitant to buy bikes from geez. Lying by omission is still lying in my books .. I'd be ****** if I bought a bike under the assumption it was never down either by the seller telling me so or failing to tell me so, then later find out it was near write off. At a price point of over 8 grand I'd be pretty butt hurt as well.

You were supposed to come and bring your 675R for me to look at, then you could look at my 10R too. Then you stopped replying and never showed up.... who are you to discuss other people's strength of character?

I agree. If your bike has been down you should say so in the ad. Even if it's obviously got parts from other years not everyone is an expert on every year of every model of bike. My last bike was down but all parts were replaced with brand new OEM and you couldn't tell but I still put it in the ad. Sold a car with an engine problem that only crops up once every 2 weeks so any test driver would never notice it. Put it in the ad. Sold another car that would never pass safety. Put that in the ad (guy I bought it from did not).

Like I wrote above. The bike that was crashed doesn't exist anymore. The bike in the OPs screen capture is a completely different bike that just happens to have the same VIN.

For the $8000 listing price it sure ad hell better not be dropped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Because a dropped and fixed bike won't ride straight? Not as fast? Won't turn right?

MM has tons of cbr's at any given time. He knows that specific bike in and out. I trust a bike from him over 99% of the kijiji sellers[/QUOTE]

Mike has done me NO wrong, he has been nothing but great!!!
Once a bike is sold it doesn't matter what is done with it...
That would be like me bitching that I sold my bike to a guy, then he sells it for $500 more than what I got.
Plus MM has CBR parts out the wahoo. He is fully capable of rebuilding the old bike out of other wrecked bikes and making it look like new.
That's his talent and living..
You accepted his money, he paid in full. The bike is no longer yours.
MM has got me parts and bailed me out of predicaments when he wasn't "obligated " to.
Sorry you feel like you got burned, next time go out rebuild it yourself with your own spare parts and then sell it.

Thank you ; Mikey Moto, Blue Streak Racing, JT Sprockets, HiFlo Filters, Cycle Pro, Dyno-Jet. For your help and support.
www.cementheadracing.ca

True Story. A friend of mine crashed and almost completely destroyed a brand new ZX14 at deals gap back in 2009. The only things we could really salvage from it were the motor and electronics. We sourced a ZX14 from Quebec that was used by the company that builds those silly TRex things. They remove the electronics and the motor then sell the rest of the bike whole. We bought one of those rolling chassis bikes and installed our good motor and electronics. Did that new(er) ZX14 ever crash into a guard rail at 120kph down in NC? Was that new ZX14 ever down? No.

I see what you're saying but let's not be so cavalier with other peoples money. ZX14 is going to cost a bit of money, it might even be somebody's dream bike. You respond to the Kijiji ad, everything looks great(it is) but your spidy sense forces a few questions. "Oh ya, the only thing left of the original bike is motor and electronics we slid that into a Quebec roller tabernac, me and the boys buttoned it up just last night. You don't think that's going to change the complexion of the proceedings? I believe something like that should be disclosed up front because the assumption from looking at the ad is clean low mileage and original. I'm saying that as a guy who's easily hoodwinked so I may be biased.

Face to face? Last bike I bought was a 5hr. round trip. I'd be a little cheesed off if, at the 2.5hr. mark of my excellent adventure, I were told "oh by the by, this sweet ride you fancy was a near write off only a few short days ago still interested?"

Would you go to see a bike 5 hrs away without calling and asking all those questions??????

would you go see any bike without that phone call and asking those questions?

I see what you're saying but let's not be so cavalier with other peoples money. ZX14 is going to cost a bit of money, it might even be somebody's dream bike. You respond to the Kijiji ad, everything looks great(it is) but your spidy sense forces a few questions. "Oh ya, the only thing left of the original bike is motor and electronics we slid that into a Quebec roller tabernac, me and the boys buttoned it up just last night. You don't think that's going to change the complexion of the proceedings? I believe something like that should be disclosed up front because the assumption from looking at the ad is clean low mileage and original. I'm saying that as a guy who's easily hoodwinked so I may be biased.

you say your a guy who's easily hoodwinked... Sometimes it's the people who your used to dealing with that give you the wrong sense of security... In today's market it seems more and more crooks are around, it seems to me that Mikey has done nothing wrong and could probably help you look at your next bike so your not screwed. Have you ever spoken to him? Matter of fact anyone posting **** about him hasn't said anything about him from their dealings???????

So ALL the guys talking **** let's hear it or shut the **** up

you say your a guy who's easily hoodwinked... Sometimes it's the people who your used to dealing with that give you the wrong sense of security... In today's market it seems more and more crooks are around, it seems to me that Mikey has done nothing wrong and could probably help you look at your next bike so your not screwed. Have you ever spoken to him? Matter of fact anyone posting **** about him hasn't said anything about him from their dealings???????

So ALL the guys talking **** let's hear it or shut the **** up

Amen!!

Sent from my imaginary friend

Both sides have had their say...

/End thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom