The first three complete 2015 superbike comparisons I've seen | GTAMotorcycle.com

The first three complete 2015 superbike comparisons I've seen

Shaman

From 1000PS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dAdyNeZZ4

Track test with objective lap times and subjective comments.

From motorcycle.com:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2015-six-way-superbike-track-shootout-video

Track test with only subjective comments but seems to agree well with above.

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2015-six-way-superbike-street-shootout-video

The street shootout segment of the review with some objective tests and also subjective.

Enjoy your friday afternoon. :)

Good reviews. Have the HP4 now, would love to try out the RSV4 RF and or the R1M. Good time to be alive I guess.

Good reviews. Have the HP4 now, would love to try out the RSV4 RF and or the R1M. Good time to be alive I guess.

That's how I feel about it. I have my name on a RF but no idea if or when I might be able to trade up.

I can't understand why they use the RF version of the Aprilia, how are mere mortals expected to get one of these? Last I heard George is only getting two and they are both already spoken for. So much for the chances of a demo ride.

True, but the RR is on its way. It will have a track package available which matches the RF in every way except the paint.

True, but the RR is on its way. It will have a track package available which matches the RF in every way except the paint.

Found out today the track pack option is not available in Canada. Forged wheels and Ohlins suspension parts would have to be dealer installed...not a cost effective option.

You're right. My RF comes in on Tuesday as a result.

I was just at laguna seca for 2 days riding the 2015 BMW S1000RR and it is incredible.
There was a guy there with a 2015 RSV4 and it went really well too but I have to say overall the BMW is just amazing. I don't want to buy one because it looks so boring but I think I have to because from a rider perspective it is just about perfect. Loved auto blip clutchless downshifting and the power and handling cannot be beat. I love my RSV4 factory and Panigale R but I think at least for track the BMW is the better choice to beat on regularly

Last edited:
Definitely my 2nd or 3rd choice (2nd on street, 3rd on track), the new S1000RR. It still doesn't stir my soul. The 2015 RSV4 isn't a patch on the 2016 or I wouldn't be upgrading. There are so many differences that it really is a new bike... it just looks very similar. Everything in the cases and the cases themselves is new, the chassis is the same but all the settings and the swingarm are new (they changed the offset in the headstock, however that is possible with the current frame too. The wheels are different, the fork and shock specs are different, the seat is different, the tank is different, the fairings are different, the ECU is different (much faster and more responsive), the exhaust is different. Virtually nothing is the same as the outgoing RSV4, and the RR gets *ALL* of the changes including the adjustable frame and the new active velocity stacks - but is about the same price as the ZX10R. Can't get one yet, though... just the RFs for the moment.

FYI I have learned that there are fixes in the new motor for things that owners have complained about for years, such as the noisy cold start issue. There's a one-way valve in the head so that oil can't drain back out of the head, which caused the noisy cold starts. The gearbox and engine has radically less internal pressure, especially at partial throttle - it has valves that open at higher RPM to add oiling to the gearbox, but at steady state there is less, resulting in lower crankcase pressure and an increase in fuel milage. Like I said, it's just a completely new engine, Pankl rods, CNC'd heads, etc. etc.

1wQXgmr.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom