Camera Mounting on bike (CONTOUR ROAM) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Camera Mounting on bike (CONTOUR ROAM)

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Looking to mount the Contour (purchased when GTAM found a sweet deal on it) on my bike instead of the helmet. How do you guys recommend mounting it? Looking to have it either on the mirror stalk or the fork. This way I’d like to minimize the view of the bike, and just maximize the view of the road and what’s going on ahead of the bike. Partly for commuting to/from work, and partly to record good rides outside of the city.
Have also thought about mounting it on the bar, but need to find a good system to hold the camera in place.
Do you guys use aftermarket mounts? Specific ones for Contour? Recommendations on where to buy it? All I have is the sticky piece that came with the camera.
Thanks!

I bought an adapter that has a screw on one end and gopro slot thing on the other. So I can use gopro Mounts,which has a lot more selection. You can find one on eBay cheap

Out of curiosity have you entertained mounting it on your helmet?

Yes I have. I'd prefer it not to bobble and move around with my head. I'd like to have it fixed to the bike.

Looking to mount the Contour (purchased when GTAM found a sweet deal on it) on my bike instead of the helmet. How do you guys recommend mounting it? Looking to have it either on the mirror stalk or the fork. This way I’d like to minimize the view of the bike, and just maximize the view of the road and what’s going on ahead of the bike. Partly for commuting to/from work, and partly to record good rides outside of the city.
Have also thought about mounting it on the bar, but need to find a good system to hold the camera in place.
Do you guys use aftermarket mounts? Specific ones for Contour? Recommendations on where to buy it? All I have is the sticky piece that came with the camera.
Thanks!

Tapatalk won't let me link the thread, but search "phone mounts". Almost everyone recommended the RAM mounts. Bought them for my gps. Very happy. About $65 all in from Radio World. Just a little more than online. They have mounts for the bar, and more.

RAM mounts. Mirror stalk, master brake top or under mirror perch. Lots of other options too. Let you imagination run wild!

my contour crapped out a week after the company went belly up. im a gopo user now.

you get what you pay for.
stick on mounts work the best, i had a couple cool ram mount locations, if you get a long enough screw you can replace fairing bolts with ram mount heads.
im about to do the same with aluminum gopro mounts.

I bought an adapter that has a screw on one end and gopro slot thing on the other. So I can use gopro Mounts,which has a lot more selection. You can find one on eBay cheap
Please post a link for this as I too have a Contour Roam 2 and need other options other than the helmet mount. The Contour Roam is a decent camera but the lack of mounts for your motorcycle make it limited.

What I did to get all of the bike out of the view of the camera was as follows:

1) I found a small steel plate about 3" long and drilled two holes in either end.

2) I found a bolt with the same thread as a camera tripod... i.e., the same thread that can mount into the contour.

3) I found a longer bolt with the same thread as one of the forward fairing bolts.

4) I put it all together and then ran a micro (or mini, whichever it is) cable to my usb charging port so I can run the camera off of live power.

If you look closely at this picture, you can see it on the front left side:
2014-08-05%2B13.16.08.jpg

And here is what video from it looks like... although it is boring video of part of the Labrador Highway near Labrador City:

[video=youtube;saQr-GTfYFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQr-GTfYFY[/video]

I've got the roam +2 and it's mounted just under the nose of my gsxr on the inside of the side fairing. I'll take a pic for you later today. It works well there and unless you bent down to look you'd have no idea it was there.

I have a Ninja300 and have found a few places to put camera mounts. I prefer the RAM mounts because they are very flexible as far as what you can do with them (i.e. mount cameras, phones, GPS, etc). Attached are some images showing the locations...

Mirror mount on handlebar means camera moves with the bars.
unknown-button__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on chain guard bolt gives a nice view with rear tire in the pic.
ram-swingarm-rwd__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on custom mirror extender and is fixed with the bike (doesn't move with handlebars)
dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg

Last edited:
inv6km.jpg

157ypg3.jpg

2nbhdas.jpg

I usually use this mount on the GS but I'm using the helmet too …

Attachments

• jvc-mt-hb001-handle-bar-mount.jpg
    jvc-mt-hb001-handle-bar-mount.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 12
Thanks. I ordered a mount for the mirror stalk and looking forward to trying that out...unfortunately that'll be in the spring now :(

That camera is very picky with the SD cards it will work with. Mine will not record anymore.

Tapatalk won't let me link the thread, but search "phone mounts". Almost everyone recommended the RAM mounts. Bought them for my gps. Very happy. About $65 all in from Radio World. Just a little more than online. They have mounts for the bar, and more.

Cheaper on CanadasMotorcycle, bro

my contour crapped out a week after the company went belly up. im a gopo user now.

you get what you pay for.
stick on mounts work the best, i had a couple cool ram mount locations, if you get a long enough screw you can replace fairing bolts with ram mount heads.
im about to do the same with aluminum gopro mounts.

Disagree about the stick-on mount. Had it on my helmet and she went for a tumble at 160. Got to my house, reached up to turn it off and it was MIA. Now have it on my mirror arm. Very little vibration but I pick up a nasty fairing buzz from vibration. The mic sucks in those anyways as far as wind noise.

Disagree about the stick-on mount. Had it on my helmet and she went for a tumble at 160. Got to my house, reached up to turn it off and it was MIA. Now have it on my mirror arm. Very little vibration but I pick up a nasty fairing buzz from vibration. The mic sucks in those anyways as far as wind noise.

The good thing is I found most of the parts within about 20 yards of eachother...mailed it to them and they sent me a new unit ;)

Cheaper on CanadasMotorcycle, bro
Did a quick look. Pricing looks the same as radioworld. I paid 65 including a dedicated model gps mount. Subtract that and you are in the same range.
I'm still the type that would rather walk in and see what I'm buying though. Maybe cause I'm old. All you kids and your online shopping ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom