Vesrah RJL-XX pads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vesrah RJL-XX pads

Shaman

Anyone know if the Vesrah SRJL-XX pads are compatible with ductile iron rotors? I'm going all-in to fix my braking problems, lol

Anyone know if the Vesrah SRJL-XX pads are compatible with ductile iron rotors? I'm going all-in to fix my braking problems, lol

If your problem is fade try the ferodo CP1 carbon pad. They wear down after 5-8 laps but there's no fade even after 12-15 laps. Not a strong initial bite but they still lift the rear without much effort.

I was using the CP1, and that's the thing, I couldn't get the rear to lift... brand new pads, brand new fluid and still never had the brakes I wanted, then lost most of what I had. My 1000 lifted the rear at near 300 at Mosport when someone cut my line into 8. lol

So far I have:

3 bottles of RBF 660
A set of R6 calipers
Two sets of Vesrah SRJL-XX pads
A rotor hone

...on their way.

if that doesn't fix it then I look at the master and possibly at the rotors. As soon as i get the bike back from Unique from getting the fork seals replaced and the valves checked, I'll check rotor thickness and see if that's part of the issue.

The reason I asked is that I might swap over a set of my DI rotors from the 1000 spares, as I have three sets of wheels for that bike. Really don't need that many and the BSTs make the bike SO much better at 'Bogie and Shannonville.

Hmm squeeze harder? With a 19x18 master, same rotors, fluid, and CP1 pads I have the rear light consistantly lap after lap and that's with the stock tockico calipers. Maybe you just need the more aggressive pad, not everyone likes the progressive feel of the CP1. I personally didn't like the R6 calipers on the Gsxr 600.

Hmm squeeze harder? With a 19x18 master, same rotors, fluid, and CP1 pads I have the rear light consistantly lap after lap and that's with the stock tockico calipers. Maybe you just need the more aggressive pad, not everyone likes the progressive feel of the CP1. I personally didn't like the R6 calipers on the Gsxr 600.

I've used the CP1 on the 1000 for quite a while and have no issues with it. The SRJL-XX is a more aggressive pad, so we'll see how that works. The calipers cost me about $100 so if I don't like the way they work, no harm done, I'm sure they'll sell to someone else. Crossing fingers that my issues will be solved this way. The reason I asked about the iron rotors is that I have a set on a spare wheel set for my 1000 that I probably should sell, but sintered pads can cause cracking with iron rotors and I don't know if the SRJL material will have that effect.

Ya I can't comment on the pad use with iron rotors but I love my irons. If your not using the cp1 with the iron rotors you should try that combination. I couldn't see the cp1 doing much with a SS rotor and maybe that's part of why you don't like them as much? Using a SS rotor I would for sure look for a more aggressive pad than the cp1.

The good news is that the pads are interchangable between the 1000 and 600 so I can change out the ones on the 1000 with pads that only have two races on them. For the most part, the 1000 is a track bike for me only... then again I qualified 4th on it just for kicks on completely shagged tires and a Mosport setup with a 1:11.125 (iirc) so possibly I should reconsider.

And yes I have only ever used the CP1s (and their predecessor, can't recall the code #) with the iron rotors. That could well be the issue. Either way I think I will have it sorted out for August.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom