Idiot - Riding up the shoulder of the Allen | GTAMotorcycle.com

Idiot - Riding up the shoulder of the Allen

giesen

Site Supporter
Heading south on the Allen this morning and saw this douchenozzle riding up the shoulder so he could bypass the line at the Eglinton ramp.

Rode right past a cop who then proceeded to follow him up the shoulder.

179d3cedab1bd81259f2f066457a3cc3.jpg

I actually go through this scenario in my head every time I leave my helmet sitting on my bike and go in to a store. If someone nabs it, wtf do I do? If I'm not far from home, I might just take my chances, roll down shoulders etc. Gotta a wonder though, if this guys is actually dumb enough to try to skirt traffic and without a helmet...
Edit: wait, is his helmet sitting on his tank? That's got to be an interesting conversation with the cop.

I actually go through this scenario in my head every time I leave my helmet sitting on my bike and go in to a store. If someone nabs it, wtf do I do? If I'm not far from home, I might just take my chances, roll down shoulders etc. Gotta a wonder though, if this guys is actually dumb enough to try to skirt traffic and without a helmet...
Edit: wait, is his helmet sitting on his tank? That's got to be an interesting conversation with the cop.

I think I found his helmet for him. It's on his tank in front of him.

"Mr officer, its too warm."

He was wearing his helmet. He took it off after the cop stopped him for riding on the shoulder (which, just so everyone is clear, is both illegal and potentially dangerous). It's also incredibly obnoxious, as riders have no divine right to bypass the line in an intersection.

Last edited:
Heading south on the Allen this morning and saw this douchenozzle riding up the shoulder so he could bypass the line at the Eglinton ramp.

Rode right past a cop who then proceeded to follow him up the shoulder.

179d3cedab1bd81259f2f066457a3cc3.jpg

Did he and the cop have a "discussion" about his choices? ROLMAO Yes that is his helmet on the bike tank.

EDIT; Saw OP's post about the helmet after posting. Wasn't clear in the original post that he and the cop were stopped at time of pic..

OP this isn't just restricted to the Allen, I see it all the time on the 404, 401, as we get closer to off ramps, riders will just pull onto shoulder and exelrate pass 100+ vehicles to get to the off ramp. Major difference is most don't do it while there is a marked cruiser in the area... lol

OP this isn't just restricted to the Allen, I see it all the time on the 404, 401, as we get closer to off ramps, riders will just pull onto shoulder and exelrate pass 100+ vehicles to get to the off ramp. Major difference is most don't do it while there is a marked cruiser in the area... lol

I see it all the time too, just the first time I saw this stupidity get rewarded. (If you guys wanna filter, then argue for the law to get changed, until then, obey the law. - Although technically this still wasn't filtering since he was on the shoulder and not between rows of cars)

He was wearing his helmet. He took it off after the cop stopped him for riding on the shoulder (which, just so everyone is clear, is both illegal and potentially dangerous). It's also incredibly obnoxious, as riders have no divine right to bypass the line in an intersection.
Careful. You'll offend the entitled crowd. There's some who think because they're on a bike they should be doing things like that all the time. It's "safer" don't ya know :lmao:

Careful. You'll offend the entitled crowd. There's some who think because they're on a bike they should be doing things like that all the time. It's "safer" don't ya know :lmao:

Yeah, almost makes me want to give them the door prize or the squeeze to set them straight.

Yep, but then they will cry about somebody going in their lane, somebody threw a cigarette butt out their window and oh my god someone used their wiper fluid in front of MY bike....

Wiper fluid is the best, especially with your visor up (my brother in law did that to me - on the Allen no less). Stings a wee bit in the eyes.

Please don't equate riding on the shoulder to lane splitting. They are not the same. As one of the entitled riders with mad skillz I'm offended when somebody compares my lane splitting with shoulder riding.

Btw, what has happened to motorcycle riders in general or at least the ones on this board? Were we not at one time rebels? Did we not just have fun on our motorcycles without the need to criticize all others? All this talk about entitlement and sarcastic comments on mad skillz is really getting out of hand. I remember when the saying there is a time and a place meant all the time, anywhere.. .:) People really need to just get out and ride and not worry about what others are doing or not doing....

I see it all the time too, just the first time I saw this stupidity get rewarded. (If you guys wanna filter, then argue for the law to get changed, until then, obey the law.

Please don't equate riding on the shoulder to lane splitting. They are not the same. As one of the entitled riders with mad skillz I'm offended when somebody compares my lane splitting with shoulder riding.

Btw, what has happened to motorcycle riders in general or at least the ones on this board? Were we not at one time rebels? Did we not just have fun on our motorcycles without the need to criticize all others? All this talk about entitlement and sarcastic comments on mad skillz is really getting out of hand. I remember when the saying there is a time and a place meant all the time, anywhere.. .:) People really need to just get out and ride and not worry about what others are doing or not doing....

I can equate them insofar as they are both illegal and dangerous; and generally done by the same type of hooligan.

Also, the reason we are forced to worry about what other riders are doing is because there are a small number of very visible bad riders that are causing problems for the rest of us (pissing off residents, increased police scrutiny, etc).

Some of us want to enjoy riding without worrying about things like residents throwing gravel on the road because they are fed up with the bad actors...

Last edited:
I can equate them insofar as they are both illegal and dangerous; and generally done by the same type of hooligan.

Also, the reason we are forced to worry about what other riders are doing is because there are a small number of very visible bad riders that are causing problems for the rest of us (pissing off residents, increased police scrutiny, etc).

Some of us want to enjoy riding without worrying about things like residents throwing gravel on the road because they are fed up with the bad actors...

Right. We can equate them in the way that they both piss off other motorists that see motorcyclists as selfish, entitled hooligans and treat every motorcyclist they see with the same disdain because of it.

Whether's right or wrong, laws are passed and amended based on perceptions and persuasion as much as they are on empirical data. People treat us in accordance with their experience and perception - so every negative observation can affect our status and treatment by both the law and the public. Those of you that argue that you can make your own choices are absolutely correct. Those of us that believe we're being negatively affected by it are just as free to comment on your choices.

While they are both illegal here only one is dangerous, and it's not lane splitting...

Lane splitting is not dangerous if done right http://www.ots.ca.gov/pdf/publications/2014mclanesplittingsurvey.pdf and http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...advantages_of_responsible_lane_splitting.aspx

Not only that, but allowing splitting & filtering benefits everyone because it is one less vehicle contributing to gridlock. Although judging by your previous comments in this thread you seem like the type of person who will dismiss a scientific study without even reading it because you obviously know what's best for everyone, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom