helmet shopping | GTAMotorcycle.com

helmet shopping

Nick_f

Site Supporter
need a new bucket just for the track

just seeing what people are using for track only

Are people bring there $600+ Arai helmets to the track or just getting some HJC, scorpion etc for $150+ that is snell and/or DOT

Go

Nick, we were just looking up the Snell 2015 spec the other day and read that Snell 2015 helmets will be available by October. I'm not sure if any are out already, but if you're getting a new one you might as well make sure it's Snell 2015 so you're good to go for at least 5 years.

I have one helmet, Shoei RF1100. "$600+" helmet that I got on sale at Royal Distributing for $349 no tax (tent sale).

Nick, we were just looking up the Snell 2015 spec the other day and read that Snell 2015 helmets will be available by October. I'm not sure if any are out already, but if you're getting a new one you might as well make sure it's Snell 2015 so you're good to go for at least 5 years.

I have one helmet, Shoei RF1100. "$600+" helmet that I got on sale at Royal Distributing for $349 no tax (tent sale).

I had that crash last year, and i need to replace my helmet.

I did go out one more time after, but it certainly played a psychological role that track day :p

so i would like to have one for tuesday for SMP :)

How much is your head worth?

i certainly was expecting someone to say this.

a graphic arai helmet is almost $150 more than its flat black counter part. Does that mean the helmet is 'safer'?

Is a bell $180 SNELL helmet just as safe as a $499 Suomy snell helmet?

get my drift?

Speedworx has some deals on Shoei's right now - might be worth checking out ?

This is certainly going to turn into a $$ vs test spec pissing match. haha... If it's Snell/DOT rated, then it passed the tests. In my experience, more money usually equals more comfort (lighter, quieter, etc...) and as you mentioned, more "style". If I could find a comfortable $150 Snell approved helmet I would have no problem wearing it.

i certainly was expecting someone to say this.

a graphic arai helmet is almost $150 more than its flat black counter part. Does that mean the helmet is 'safer'?

Is a bell $180 SNELL helmet just as safe as a $499 Suomy snell helmet?

get my drift?

Using Bell helmet's after having to replace a couple of Shoei's from crashing. It's a tough pill to swallow every time you wreck a $600 plus helmet. Are they as safe as the high end lids?, random testing says so.

thanks guys

I'm going to go to royal this afternoon to try on some buckets.

Might go to GP bikes saturday morning

I have crash tested many hjc and never had my bell hung. I currently use a fancy arai, but I don't crash anymore. I hope :)

I have an HJC snell2015 now

I use a Shoei RF1200 but I only paid 200 on that crazy christmas sell Kahuna had a couple of years back

I wouldn't spend that much money on a helmet regardless if it is to use on street or track, there are always deals on quality stuff out there and I don't need my helmet to match my bike

My private Helmet crash sessions have told me they all do just fine

If I had to buy a helmet right now, I would buy a Bell helmet at the GP sale so I can get a free transition visor, that visor alone cost me 160 and I freaking love it

Last edited:
I use a Shoei RF1200 but I only paid 200 on that crazy christmas sell Kahuna had a couple of years back

I wouldn't spend that much money on a helmet regardless if it is to use on street or track, there are always deals on quality stuff out there and I don't need my helmet to match my bike

My private Helmet crash sessions have told me they all do just fine

If I had to buy a helmet right now, I would buy a Bell helmet at the GP sale so I can get a free transition visor, that visor alone cost me 160 and I freaking love it
Do they come with the transition lens automatically for this sale? Or do I have to go in store?

Just called them. It's only 50% off regular priced helmet.
Reg price Shoei comes with visor

Or as I see with your link... The sales girl was wrong

Last edited:
The Scorpion EXO-400 line is Snell 2010 (if you're going to be running Pro6 days) and that's what I use. I got two on sale for $99 each from canadasmotorcycle.ca but the damn blue chrome visor is $50! :(

Using Bell helmet's after having to replace a couple of Shoei's from crashing. It's a tough pill to swallow every time you wreck a $600 plus helmet. Are they as safe as the high end lids?, random testing says so.

True--here's an example, sponsored by the UK Gov't, testing only for safety, not comfort or noise. As a result I wear Bell.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Edit: I've never been on track. Are helmet considerations different from helmets for the street? Perhaps noise reduction is worth a couple of hundred.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom