Hey ! Somewhat new just wanted to say hello :D | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey ! Somewhat new just wanted to say hello :D

usama905

Hey just wanted to drop a few lines since I was up anyway at this ungodly hour lol. Iv been frequenting this forum for the last two years on and off but opted not to say anything since I had neither a motorcycle or a license yet. But things are about to change.

Little bit about me:
-23 year old recent University grad looking for employment ( so if your hiring hollar~!)
-Been into bikes all my life but something has always happened that prevented me from taking the plunge. ( literally this will be attempt 3 for me to to start this process.)
-I like to cook?

I learned pretty early that liking motorcycles and the culture that comes with it is not enough for one to actually be able to get on two wheels in Ontario. My first hurdle was the realization of insurance cost, the second was the lack of support from my family/friends, and lastly my own maturity was the biggest challenge.

But with that all sorted away I have registered for the safety course at Sheriden for early August and will be writing my m1 later today. I plan on hopefully getting a bike by the end of this season and would love to pick your brains through that process!

This post became way too long but thanks for taking the time to read this :D

Welcome to the forums! Good luck on your m1 test ez peaz.
If your looking for employment post your degree ? and what you going for? New used,sport ,cruiser etc!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Thanks! Went to school for finance but currently exploring options in the cisco (certified CCNA and will be CCNP soon enough if that means much)field and hopefully plan on returning to school(part-time/ online) and changing my degree to a honors information systems from the honors finance it currently is.

Bike wise Im torn at the moment because like most I wanted a Supersport but that fist call to the insurance company scarred me a few years back. Depending on finances I have few options come time for this season to end. I have a been a big ZZR600 (05-08 ) and sv650 fan but with insurance rates and the unfortunate reality of my limited exposure to bikes im guessing I'll be on a ninja 300 or CBR 500r( dont know much about this one all that much yet).Ideally I want something that can do highways reasonable well for the commute (where ever it happens to be) and does not make me look out of place (6'1 250ish lb).

Still got time and once Im done with all the course and licensing stuff I will give a few insurance companies/ brokers a call to see what my options really are. I did this at 21 and the feedback was not reassuring but hopefully 23 going on 24 will soften the blow a bit this time around.

Back
Top Bottom