Motorcycle vs. Distracted Driver? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle vs. Distracted Driver?

There are times when I cheer for a motorcyclist hitting a cars mirror because the car is driving dangerously/whatever... this was not one of those times... I think the bikes were driving just as dangerously and had terrible excuses as to why..... thats just my opinion though.

The driver turned out when it wasn't clear. Did he act reasonably?
It wasn't clear because the rider in the right lane was going unreasonably fast.
The driver turned into the wrong lane. Did he do that to allow the rider to maintain his lane?
The middle lane wasn't clear either, because the rider in that lane was also going unreasonably fast, and the rider from the right lane had to choose that lane as an option, not knowing the driver's intention.
Who's at fault, in practical terms, if not legal? All three, by my estimation - but I put more blame on the riders because speeding like that on a road with multiple access points in the fading daylight is near suicidal.
How is that so many riders constantly recognize and blame motorists for making these mistakes, but are still so willing to risk their lives where those motorists drive with no apparent effort to reduce the risk?

"Say a prayer for the neglected mirrors out there"...? Ripping off a mirror does not mean it's a neglected mirror. Not too bright.

I wouldn't be surprised if that rider woke up the next day with a really sore knee. That mirror kick on that angle could easily twist joints a bit too much in the wrong way. Perhaps he'll end up with a lifetime of chronic knee pain. Say a prayer for the grace of Karma.

Takes skill to take a mirror like that and practice I would give a 7 out of 10 if this was a PanAm entry.

lol bye bye $100

Back
Top Bottom