RILL CALL - Calabogie this weekend | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RILL CALL - Calabogie this weekend

Green unfortunately. It was a "clustermuck" all weekend long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least 50% of the group were new to track riders. People did some crazy **** -- stopping for a yellow flag at turn 2 with 5+ riders behind, people riding off in front of you. It was pretty crazy

Doesn't Pro6 make new riders to a track do their intro with a guide for the first couple of sessions?
Green unfortunately. It was a "clustermuck" all weekend long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least 50% of the group were new to track riders. People did some crazy **** -- stopping for a yellow flag at turn 2 with 5+ riders behind, people riding off in front of you. It was pretty crazy

I was in the Intro group (total of 9) on Sunday. Everyone had track day experience but new to Calabogie.

Since we barely rode in the morning because of all the crashes, the intro continued into the first session after lunch (and more if you wanted). I spent the afternoon at my own pace and let riders pass me on the straights in order to feel out the track. I also skipped the last session (it got too hot).

Last edited:
Glad you are alright. We will be there aug3,4. Zx600 unfortunately you never know who's going to show up. Sometimes green group is great, other times not so much. At least in red you know the people around you know what's what. I rode green last time there (I was coaching) and 2 bmw guys were passing then cutting in front of passed rider and hitting brakes, causing passie to have to change lines. They got a lecture after every session didn't help. They were racing each other in green. I passed both at the same time on the outside of temptation with a couple inches between us. They calmed down a little after that.

Sometimes I don't know what is in people's minds. Only after you crash a few times you realize that this is not a joke
Glad you are alright. We will be there aug3,4. Zx600 unfortunately you never know who's going to show up. Sometimes green group is great, other times not so much. At least in red you know the people around you know what's what. I rode green last time there (I was coaching) and 2 bmw guys were passing then cutting in front of passed rider and hitting brakes, causing passie to have to change lines. They got a lecture after every session didn't help. They were racing each other in green. I passed both at the same time on the outside of temptation with a couple inches between us. They calmed down a little after that.

Yeah, green was extra scary for me too! I shouldn't have been pushing so hard with all those slower riders and "corner parkers" :(

[video=youtube;VJgBaTyUc9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgBaTyUc9A[/video]

Why did you park the bike in a live track at 1:20? wholly crap at 3:20, such a slow speed can not be safe even in green. Holly **** at 5:50 - wow I wold have packed it right after that one. R1 in a green group is probably not a good idea

Last edited:
There was a red flag and you have to stop at the marshal station for the ambulance to roll out as quickly as possible.

Holy crap that video is scary. Jamie I think you need to exit from green group - you can do better than that. A lot better. You are not learning one single thing by staying in that group.

I had just *one* scary situation going into corner 5 at Bogie (in which I caught up to someone in the braking zone, and they moved over leaving me almost no room) - and that was in the red group - no more track days for me. I'll stick to racing ...

Eh, I like track days too. But I feel you. And otherwise I fully agree, that whole video is one giant NOPE!

Why did you park the bike in a live track at 1:20?
Like poossieposse1 said, the rules of Pro6 at Calabogie said you have to stop at a marshal station on red flag. Calabogie is too long of a track to wait for everyone to exit safely, so the rules say you have to stop at a marshal station so they can roll the ambulance as quick as possible.

wholly crap at 3:20, such a slow speed can not be safe even in green.
Yeah, did you hear how many gears I had to go down?? I've had a few people ask me "Hey, at 3:20 did you make the video go into slow motion??" umm, NO, that is unedited video, and yep, it's that slow :(

Holly **** at 5:50 - wow I wold have packed it right after that one.
Yep, that one was a big surprise :( I usually hold it wide open over that little crest, even if just to scare myself with a little front end wobble.

R1 is a green group is probably not a good idea
No doubt. I hadn't been back to Calabogie since my crash like 2 years ago, so wanted to start in Green. After lunch they said yellow was too full because they demoted some people down from red and zero people moved up to red :(

Holy crap that video is scary. Jamie I think you need to exit from green group - you can do better than that. A lot better. You are not learning one single thing by staying in that group.
Yeah. It was only my second time at bogie, first in 2 years (since my crash), so wanted to start in green, but I couldn't move up to yellow because it was too full and didn't think my lap times or corner speeds were up to red :(

no more track days for me. I'll stick to racing ...
I'm not sure I'm going to go back to Calabogie, the expense and physical toll it takes on me is a lot. It's not somewhere I can travel to by myself (unless I plan on staying at a hotel both the night before and the night after) and with my knee and hip in the condition they are it's barely enjoyable to start with, the track is so damn physical.

Now that my track bike is back street legal again I'll give the wild world of public streets a go again and probably throw in the odd Reddawn TMP day here and there to get the wheelies out of my system and still keep my license intact.

Last edited:
Hmm, Vickie got frustrated with another rider and made a mistake. Wondering what the chances are...

Monday and Tuesday were wicked. Wayyy too much fun.

Ah k didn't see the red flag on the video, same rules pretty much everywhere else.
There was a red flag and you have to stop at the marshal station for the ambulance to roll out as quickly as possible.

Bogie is less physical than tmp and Shannonville.

I watched the first 2min, you need to get out of green. You'll be able to ride smoother and carry more corner speed which won't make the track seem like so much work. Parking it in every corner and going WFO down the straights will easily tire you out both physically and mentally not to mention it's dangerous.

Bogie is *far* less physical than Shannonville. I am beat up at the end of a day there.

Hmm, Vickie got frustrated with another rider and made a mistake. Wondering what the chances are...

Monday and Tuesday were wicked. Wayyy too much fun.

MEME - YUP it was a BIG mistake !!! Damn, I'm still hurting.
Monday and Tuesday I was slow as ****. Have to start all over again LOL

SHAMAN - I think RDT is toughest on the body

Back
Top Bottom