How are you guys finding affordable insurace? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How are you guys finding affordable insurace?

I was thinking of sticking it out one more year. My biggest concern is the wear and tear im putting on my poor bike taking the highways right now. Its red-lined in 6th gear the whole way to work (only takes me 30 min on the highway with the HOV lanes). I dont really have the option to take my car (at least not until the pan am games are over) because I would be 2 hrs in traffic each way.

Anybody else catch that one? You're not supposed to be in the hov lane on your bike anyways... car or bike, you're stuck for two hours...

Anybody else catch that one? You're not supposed to be in the hov lane on your bike anyways... car or bike, you're stuck for two hours...
Depends what he means by "highway". You're allowed on the municipal ones but not the provincial ones.

DVP and Gardiner are okay.

Alright. Live & learn.

Called intact to see how muxh it would cost to put my cbr929rr back on the road compared to my vtr1000f... vtr is just over $800, they want 400% more for a 15 year old supersport... $4300 a year. Lol... and i'm 35. Outside of the city, and been riding for 15 years.

In 2005 when i got the cbr it was $743 a year, liability only. What a joke Ontario insurance is.

Time to start shopping.

Alright. Live & learn.

Called intact to see how muxh it would cost to put my cbr929rr back on the road compared to my vtr1000f... vtr is just over $800, they want 400% more for a 15 year old supersport... $4300 a year. Lol... and i'm 35. Outside of the city, and been riding for 15 years.

In 2005 when i got the cbr it was $743 a year, liability only. What a joke Ontario insurance is.

Time to start shopping.
Well yeah. Almost every company blacklists supersports and charges the 400% surcharge. Gotta find one that is friendly towards that model. My company likely wouldn't even insure it. Even getting a Ninja 650 covered took multiple calls because half their customer service people will just tell me they don't insure anything with Ninja in the name.

Because of its age, my '98 vtr1000f wasn't classified as a sport bike anymore by Intact. I hoped the same would now be true for my '00 929rr.

I was told they don't do the 15 year old bike thing anymore...

Intact told me they basically wouldn't insure anything with an "r" in the name.
Sorry, my broker told me that about Intact.

Intact told me they basically wouldn't insure anything with an "r" in the name.
Sorry, my broker told me that about Intact.

That's why I bought the Shadow over the V-StaR. ?

Alright. Live & learn.

Time to start shopping.
State Farm is very affordable

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Was with them before. Then switched to td meloche monnex, then intact, now probably back to state farm, lol... the days of sticking with a specific company are long since over. Start shopping every year.

Can any of you tell me what you think the prices should be? You all seem to know what's too high but how much is the right cost? And please let me know how you are arriving at that right number.

Can any of you tell me what you think the prices should be? You all seem to know what's too high but how much is the right cost? And please let me know how you are arriving at that right number.
I'm 25 and it's $155/month for cbr600rr if I was 24 it would be around $350/month. Age make a big diff with the high cc sport bikes

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

For me personally it's not so much the cost, you gotta pay to play right?
But what happened to getting rewarded for having a clean record or loyalty to one company? It seems rates are going up more and more (and not just with inflation). What gives?

Lower. The prices should be lower.

Because a garden gnome told me.

For me personally it's not so much the cost, you gotta pay to play right?
But what happened to getting rewarded for having a clean record or loyalty to one company? It seems rates are going up more and more (and not just with inflation). What gives?

Its not you alone remember. It's a pool. If the company you are with has bad losses from other motorcycle riders for example and they need to increase rates they will do it across the board but they will give less of an increase for the good clients versus the bad ones. So you are rewarded for loyalty and a good record usually. If you aren't it's because sometimes the broker just won't fight for you or you are with a direct writer and there is no broker to fight for you or check other markets.Also keep in mind they can't increase rates without filing for permission with FSCO and there has to be data to justify the increases.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom