Guilty or not? (my side of the story) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guilty or not? (my side of the story)

creszida

Seems like it's easy to be penalized when the judgement to be considerate and thoughtful sharing Toronto street parking was served a 60$ parking ticket indicating I was stopped in the "No Stopping Zone"

What are your thoughts? Please share! I'd like to hear.

And of course, my answer is bias....I should NOT have been written up.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Follow link to photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bxfi6zbkim3syhx/AACxsiG6hluHt_TBYwXNgxROa?dl=0

Addition 1: front of bike photo added
Addition 2: I understand that I'm guilty (just don't feel like this "should" resulted in a ticket) because cop could have let this one go, I'm just venting)
Addition 3: Girl emotions vs Fact....I get it....:lmao:

Last edited:
Guilty but the cop was also a dick for giving you a ticket. Regardless you were passed the No stopping zone sign

Guilty but the cop was also a dick for giving you a ticket. Regardless you were passed the No stopping zone sign

What he said. ^^^

Pic was taken at an angle. If it were taken right in front of the sign, I'd imagine half your bike is past the pole.

Either way, parking enforcement was a dick for writing that ticket for .5-1ft over the sign.... Maybe they should start ticketing cars parking over 1 ft away from the curb - there are plenty of those...

Addition 2: I understand that I'm guilty (just don't feel like this "should" resulted in a ticket) because cop could have let this one go, I'm just venting)

I think that's your answer. You're guilty, but it's like going 5kmh over the speed limit - was a ticket really necessary?

Guilty. The line has to be somewhere and it's the sign. Cop was doing his/her job, not being a dick. If the ticket wasn't issue then they were being nice. It was a valid ticket, not like they were being a jerk. Suck it up.

Guilty. The line has to be somewhere and it's the sign. Cop was doing his/her job, not being a dick. If the ticket wasn't issue then they were being nice. It was a valid ticket, not like they were being a jerk. Suck it up.

Yeah, that's where I was headed.

What he said. ^^^

Pic was taken at an angle. If it were taken right in front of the sign, I'd imagine half your bike is past the pole.

Either way, parking enforcement was a dick for writing that ticket for .5-1ft over the sign.... Maybe they should start ticketing cars parking over 1 ft away from the curb - there are plenty of those...

I am all in with your idea; Imagine how many tickets would be given out for the infraction of being too far from the curb! Maybe that would force people to learn how to drive better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the cop was a dick until i realized the pic was taken from an angle that favors the bike position, the bike was actually completely on the other side of the sign so I agree with you.

Today I drove by TPS Parking Services tow a car near Yonge/Sheppard at about 4:10PM in a no stopping zone from 4PM to 6PM; other times it's a paid parking section.

Dashcam: https://vid.me/cyQk

Streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/20PgQ

I agree with others, they have to draw the line; why didn't OP move the bike a few feet into the safe zone? We'd be more sympathetic maybe if there were other bikes/vehicles stacked on to the parking side, and you were pushed over the edge due to limited room... seems like you're unnecessarily pushing your luck with the signage especially in this new climate where parking is being heavily enforced with the new mayor's mandate.

These are clearly visible posted signs, and without enforcement; there will be no compliance for parking restrictions. With the Pan-Am Games they're increasing the no-stopping zones through the downtown core.

Offtopic, found a video of how China deals with illegally parked cars: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=425_1433059222

Last edited:
Seems like it's easy to be penalized when the judgement to be considerate and thoughtful sharing Toronto street parking was served a 60$ parking ticket indicating I was stopped in the "No Stopping Zone"

What are your thoughts? Please share! I'd like to hear.

And of course, my answer is bias....I should NOT have been written up.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Follow link to photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bxfi6zbkim3syhx/AACxsiG6hluHt_TBYwXNgxROa?dl=0

Addition 1: front of bike photo added
Addition 3: Girl emotions vs Fact....I get it....:lmao:

Couldn't see pic says it has been deleted, so I will base my comment on your highlighted statement...

/end thread...lol

I can't see the picture but how hard would it have been to make the parking legal?

My peeve is the jerks that block the fire lanes at the malls. Not because of a pending fire but it impedes the flow of traffic. Basically lazy mamma's boys.

I've learned many things from this site and will continue to value everyone's insight however seems like the post was not clear?

A) I AM GUILTY - original post does not deny this (I'm just venting, isn't this what people do in forums?) :D
B) I parked right by the pole because there was a parked car earlier. (Begs the question - YES, I could have parked somewhere else but I didn't)
C) Suck it up? You say....Valid ticket? yes.... (Again, OK - I get it.)
D) I did not name the cop 'a dick' nor called him 'a jerk', HE IS doing his job. (Ironically, my office faces that street and as he was citing me.....all I thought was...really? - I didn't even try to run downstairs and....you get it...)
E) Because I am not a photographer and don't know **** about angles.....so yea....:laughing3:..... it's embarrassing....I did remove the photos..LOL

The post was to rant and share my stupid story.
Thanks for 'listening' and in my mind, I feel better for the 60$ ticket rather than coming to a knocked down bike which could have resulted in $$$ damages.
It's a win!
:agave:

.....And of course, my answer is bias....I should NOT have been written up.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:.....

Ranting is fine, but when you say you "should NOT have been written up", sounds more like you are saying you weren't guilty. It's all in the semantics. If you had said "arrgh, I got caught. Lesson to others."...would have had a different response. Don't take it bad.

Last edited:
A) I AM GUILTY - original post does not deny this (I'm just venting, isn't this what people do in forums?) :D

Actually no. In this sub forum people generally post in order to either discuss a law, or to ask for assistance in a case. Venting is generally left to the other areas of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom