The Contest Thread | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Contest Thread

Last edited:
Last edited:
**OVER**

Ministry is coming to Rebel in Toronto this December 2, 2018 and we want you in the crowd when they do!*

Text*MINISTRY*and your name to*977977*for your chance to win tickets to see them LIVE!*

**25x entry daily
**prize pick up in St Catherines

@FullMotoJacket I was thinking about you when I posted this.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Win a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber!
Text MOTORCYCLE to 767676

Daily entry
Ends Dec 31/18

If I have Canada wide texting I shouldn't get any extra charges for this right?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If I have Canada wide texting I shouldn't get any extra charges for this right?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
As long as you are not with Freedom Mobile. The charges may apply text is standard. In my few years of entering the text contests, no one on Rogers, Telus, Bell, Chatr, Fido have been charged.

Thanks GG
I saw the post on FB. It was shared by The Contest Queen. Love to see those stories. People winning prizes is good for the contest biz as they like the publicity and have bigger and better contests.
Funny thing is, and I don't mean to be mean or brag, buy I've done much better than she has since I started taking this contest thing seriously.
And I haven't done nearly as good as some others that I contest with.
I've probably been to 20 concerts in my life with tix that I've won. Won 2 trips in the last 3 years. I go to at least 1 bike show a year for free.
And countless other prizes.
This year alone: tix to Slash, $100 olg gc, VIP membership + gc to an indoor go kart track, $100 visa, and other stuff.
I had a text to win group going. At one point there were 70 ppl in it. 2 years a radio station was giving away 20 trips. We won five of them. Last year Chum gave away 20 trips. Again, five of my group won trips. Plus 3 other trips from another station (Mexico, Austria and NYC).
You gotta be committed. But the payoff is there.......
Now where's my TV feature? Lol

Thanks GG
I saw the post on FB. It was shared by The Contest Queen. Love to see those stories. People winning prizes is good for the contest biz as they like the publicity and have bigger and better contests.
Funny thing is, and I don't mean to be mean or brag, buy I've done much better than she has since I started taking this contest thing seriously.
And I haven't done nearly as good as some others that I contest with.
I've probably been to 20 concerts in my life with tix that I've won. Won 2 trips in the last 3 years. I go to at least 1 bike show a year for free.
And countless other prizes.
This year alone: tix to Slash, $100 olg gc, VIP membership + gc to an indoor go kart track, $100 visa, and other stuff.
I had a text to win group going. At one point there were 70 ppl in it. 2 years a radio station was giving away 20 trips. We won five of them. Last year Chum gave away 20 trips. Again, five of my group won trips. Plus 3 other trips from another station (Mexico, Austria and NYC).
You gotta be committed. But the payoff is there.......
Now where's my TV feature? Lol

Can't give you a TV feature Joe but I will give you a shout out. Your efforts gave me multiple wins that my laziness would not have otherwise recognized and I appreciate that

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Can't give you a TV feature Joe but I will give you a shout out. Your efforts gave me multiple wins that my laziness would not have otherwise recognized and I appreciate that

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Don't mention it buddy.
Btw, did you get my text re: payroll payout?

**ALERT**
I recently "won" 5k worth of home security devices from http://www.battikhasecurity.com/optin-1. I picked up my phone for a contest I had entered and I was advised I was a winner. They said they would have to come to my house and install the cameras in order to complete the contest, when I asked why I couldn't just get sent the winnings and install it myself, they told me that they needed trained individuals to do the installation. Immediately red flags were going off in my head and so I told them I'd review the email I sent them and get back to them.

Upon further research, apparently they have 420 "winners" and a lot of Caveats as to finalize the winnings. One of them being a professional installation. Then i went to their BBB page and saw a whole bunch of negative reviews and people getting boned with cancellation fees https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/scarborough/profile/security-system-monitors/bsi-0107-1133746/complaints. I told them I wouldn't accept the prize due to the hunch of a catch upon cancelling this subscription -- they advised there is no catch I just have to read the terms of service - which no one ever does but it's a good way to justify that you have a slimy sales job by telling someone else that they should have read the fine print.

If anyone's entered this contest and won, accept the prizes at your own risk. There are lots of red flags and frankly better home security packages from best buy that don't require a subscription or contract.

**ALERT**
I recently "won" 5k worth of home security devices from http://www.battikhasecurity.com/optin-1. I picked up my phone for a contest I had entered and I was advised I was a winner. They said they would have to come to my house and install the cameras in order to complete the contest, when I asked why I couldn't just get sent the winnings and install it myself, they told me that they needed trained individuals to do the installation. Immediately red flags were going off in my head and so I told them I'd review the email I sent them and get back to them.

Upon further research, apparently they have 420 "winners" and a lot of Caveats as to finalize the winnings. One of them being a professional installation. Then i went to their BBB page and saw a whole bunch of negative reviews and people getting boned with cancellation fees https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/scarborough/profile/security-system-monitors/bsi-0107-1133746/complaints. I told them I wouldn't accept the prize due to the hunch of a catch upon cancelling this subscription -- they advised there is no catch I just have to read the terms of service - which no one ever does but it's a good way to justify that you have a slimy sales job by telling someone else that they should have read the fine print.

If anyone's entered this contest and won, accept the prizes at your own risk. There are lots of red flags and frankly better home security packages from best buy that don't require a subscription or contract.
I actually "won" this as well and after thinking about it and doing some research as well, I never answered my phone or responded to the email. Agreed... Accept at your own risk.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Re: security prize. Reading the rules says you get post dated cheques to cover fees etc, but as Marbles & Boots said, too many red flags.
These are high $$ prizes and they hand them out like crazy, so imho they are really pulling a scam to ding you with fees. I'll bet the cheques bounce and then you are on the hook for $70/month as per your contract.

The best contests are by bigger companies or run by a few marketing/ promo companies. For example Pepsi (iirc) uses the Marco Group for all of their promotions.

Be vigilant
Read the rules
NEVER pay to get any "free" prize
Never give out more info than you are comfortable with
Use a separate email for contests

All contests in ON (Canada?) require a stq as well (skill testing question).

Any q's feel free to post and I can try to answer.

All of the above also applies to contests that I may post here as well.

Allow me to add to my previous post --
There are times where you will be responsible for taxes on a prize (some radio statioms do this with some trips.....so far I've seen the Rogers owned stations so it)
That info will always be posted in the rules and you will know that in advance.

Back
Top Bottom