clutch cable slip sleeves | GTAMotorcycle.com

clutch cable slip sleeves

suzuki2000

anyone know where can get a clutch cable slip sleeve, that little plastic piece on the end of a clutch cable that kind of works like a bearing. Is this something I should be able to get at a dealer or could I be stuck having to replace the entire cable?

PITA this thing is...

anyone know where can get a clutch cable slip sleeve, that little plastic piece on the end of a clutch cable that kind of works like a bearing. Is this something I should be able to get at a dealer or could I be stuck having to replace the entire cable?

PITA this thing is...

The ones on my cables do not come off, they are put on before the cable is completed, as so there is no way to get it off without breaking it and same with installing a new one....Also as far as I know most manufactures do not sell them separately, they only come with a complete cable.

I could give you one, but I would have to cut the cable to remove it, and then I don't know how your going to get it on your cable...

Here you can see I have pulled it back off the cable end but it is stuck on the cable itself with no way to remove it unless I break it
IMG_2772_zpsfjetwhdh.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, I ended up just ordering a new cable, was only about $25 anyways.

This rings some kind of bell... I could swear I've had at least one bike where that fiddly bit had a narrow slot on the bottom that the cable could slip through, and that it was available independently. Maybe it was on my Triumph T595?

Back
Top Bottom