What's your scariest moment on a bike | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your scariest moment on a bike

lol @ OldSuzy

You don't think I know the difference? I've ridden in some major storms in different parts of this continent and kept dry with my old gear. Even in monsoon like conditions. This incident was a short half hour commute in mild TO rain. That's the point, it didn't even hold up to that low amount.

Just to clarify once again, I thought the thread was about "scariest moment on a bike". You have completely hijacked this thread to be about your pissing match over some rain gear.

Yer right. I made a comment, guy kept trying to justify, so I put the facts out there. I'm done and not responding to seller anymore.

This morning coming into working getting off the QEW at Walkers Line Burlington coming around the off ramp I notice a car is turning in from walkers line onto the off ramp coming straight at me. I was already on the rear breaks, having cars on my left side and my only options was to go to the shoulder and hope the guy doesnt clip me. I hit the rear break a little hard and the back end was fish tailing. I would say he was about a good 20-30 feet on the off ramp before he noticed he was going the wrong way. No harm was done to me or anyone. As much I had 1000 demons going through my soul at the moment I was thankful nothing happened and I noticed it was a very very old man and couldn't yell at him.

I dont think 70+ year old should be driving...

As much I had 1000 demons going through my soul at the moment I was thankful nothing happened and I noticed it was a very very old man and couldn't yell at him.

I dont think 70+ year old should be driving...

Dude... it doesn't matter what age the driver is, if they fook up, they need to hear about it... end of story!

IMO... seniors should have the 'privilege' to drive as they always have. However, IMO, drivers 70+, should be tested FULLY (written, practical and eyes)... every two years. This will probably never fly though as the $$$ of such a program would be astronomical...

My dad, 79, has had numerous 'minor', and one 'major' collisions in the last few years. Mainly while backing up. He hit a pedestrian in a parking lot a few years back while backing up... TBH, I beleive it was a scam on the part of the pedestrian... We are not sure to this day... The Insurance Co. handled everything... His eyesight is not good... to the point of he should not be oprating a motor vehicle. No sense in talking to him about it as he would just dismiss my concerns... That is why I believe anyone over the age of 70, should be fully tested every two years...

Noticed a guy following me close on a gravel road tonite. Took a couple turn offs, he's still on me mudguard so I pulls over. He jumps out of his truck, runs up behind me and says "I don't mean to scare you but I'm taking a picture off your plate, we've had a lot of B+E's around here lately" We jaw back and forth a bit then he effs off. I vaguely recall a pickup pulling out of a driveway a few kms back so I ride over there. Sure enough buddy's just getting out of his truck as I arrive. I wait at the end of his drive as he runs over. We jaw to and fro some more, next thing I know he's my new buddy and insisting on deleting the picture. Not so scary after all. Maybe there's a more appropriate thread I could post this in:???:?

Scariest moment for me was riding on Hwy 7A and seeing the right front fender of a Hyundai at my left leg and knowing this was going to be bad. Happened April 3 and I'm still off work. Bike was a 6 day old Harley Road Glide. Enjoyed all 399.5 Kms. The last .5 kms not so much. Damage to bike $60000+
Forgot to mention I was doing 85 kph at time of impact. Nice sunny day straight stretch of road. Driver made a u-turn and as usual didn't see me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Scariest moment for me was riding on Hwy 7A and seeing the right front fender of a Hyundai at my left leg and knowing this was going to be bad. Happened April 3 and I'm still off work. Bike was a 6 day old Harley Road Glide. Enjoyed all 399.5 Kms. The last .5 kms not so much. Damage to bike $60000+
Forgot to mention I was doing 85 kph at time of impact. Nice sunny day straight stretch of road. Driver made a u-turn and as usual didn't see me

Hope your mending up but I trust it was 6k not 60k damage. If it's 60k you must have been on one heck of a Harley Road Glide

It was $60000. Brand new Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra Screamin' Eagle. The entire bike was damaged with the exception of the left exhaust pipe. They stopped at $60000 but still had 30 parts to price out. It was basically everything off to the frame and brand new parts to build it back up.
The bike at some point during the 200 ft was upside down and backwards. It had also been on the gravel shoulder and back out to the centre of my lane for its final resting spot. When I woke up I was about 2 ft from the bike. I'm assuming I made the same travel it did

Last edited:
It was $60000. Brand new Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra Screamin' Eagle. The entire bike was damaged with the exception of the left exhaust pipe. They stopped at $60000 but still had 30 parts to price out. It was basically everything off to the frame and brand new parts to build it back up.
The bike at some point during the 200 ft was upside down and backwards. It had also been on the gravel shoulder and back out to the centre of my lane for its final resting spot. When I woke up I was about 2 ft from the bike. I'm assuming I made the same travel it did

Oh, time for a new bike. In the collision business this would be classified as a "total loss". Cost of parts and labour to fix is worth more than the vehicle.

Yes. "Total loss" was the final decision. I had ordered a new one until my licence was taken due to injuries. Hopefully next year
86232796c42f603ff31907b6b3ed7966.jpg

Had an Asian dude nearly kill me turning left on a red, so I turned around and followed him to tell him off he slams his brakes and jumps out with a katana look at me with his hands out like " bring it", got the **** outa there fast

Had a few people now pull out in front of me. I like spirited rides but I'm also very cautious person so I brake and look for an exit. Last time I slowed and made eye contact as she stopped at the stop sign and then pulled in front of me cuttin me off. I was able to stop. then she changes lanes again and glares at me that I did something wrong. Hate those people.
That and once coming down a step hill I brain farted and down shifted and locked up the rear wheel for about 10' was pretty freaky!!

One afternoon was heading to L&L as a meet spot to head out for a ride. I was coming along Lakeshore, and turning into the parking to Freshco. This was the first time I was going in that there were vehicles coming out of the lot taking up part of the lane, both a car and then a pickup, so it had me start my entry turn earlier than usual. As I started turning in, I went over a sewer grate that I never noticed before, and that caused my rear tire to suddenly fishtail mid-turn. I was able to recover and straighten the bike up, but then that had me heading directly toward T-boning that pickup. Again, reflexes kicked in and I managed to resume turning in the right direction, just narrowly missing the truck.

I'm sure the driver probably had even more of a heart attack than I did when he saw me barreling towards him, and probably thought I was some sort of piss poor driver not knowing that I had just made a split second recovery immediately prior (which makes that 2 saves in a matter of seconds). Fun times.

A man of few words, I see...

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I just remembered this one: about 28 years ago we are in Florida for Christmas. For something like 20 bucks you were able to rent a scooter. Now I'm about 14 at the time, but pass for older. Also not sure what the rules were for riding a scooter but they rented me one. At the time the only experience I had was on a buddy's dirtbike 5-6 years before that. Now I assured my 6 year old brother that I knew what I was doing, then proceeded to ride both our non helmet wearing t shirts and shorts wearing @$$es out of the rental lot and directly into oncoming traffic. Luckily, I swerved onto a sidewalk and all was better after that. Who the eff rents a scooter to a 14 year old anyway?!?!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Re: post #115. I didn't realize I was posting. I guess that's my lucky streak because I was adding a second event. Thanks Joe Bass for bringing that to my lame ass attention

For me. About 30 minutes ago and I took my bike on the 401 for the first time in about 15 years. How boring going straight, and limited myself to 120kph. If it was a long drive I'd probably fall asleep. Now that scary.

Back
Top Bottom