What's your scariest moment on a bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your scariest moment on a bike

Holy sheet!

What's the date code? In case others want to avoid that batch

^^ could also be a one in a million fluke. I run pp3s and know several people who have been running pp2s for years with no issues

Michelin has had tire recalls before, ordered by the NHTSA. It could have been just a fluke, or it could have just been part of a bad batch. Small consolation after such an unnerving experience.

Op, glad that you're ok.

good job keeping the bike upright. I wouldnt hand that tire over to anyone so easily , certainly not to Michelin if there is no sign of puncture.
BB

Why is that?

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Nice save!

If you had to pick 6 numbers between 0-49 what would they be?

Wow!

That explains this lines in the middle of those tires

Nice save...glad you pulled through with no harm done!

Wow, that's quite a tire failure.

If it were my bike I would go back to the place I bought the tire and show them the carnage. I'd hope they would replace the tire and repair any damage caused by the failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done that to a Bridgestone tire before by overinflating it. I think the air expanded in the hot sun and tore my binding, which eventually led the tire to fail. Mine tore out from the top of the side wall (where the tread starts at the side). Yours is odd however, since it tore right through the meatiest part of the tire. You need to send that to Michelin and get them to have a look at it. I don't think I would want those tires again.

If just the hot sun makes your tire explode I think you might be running a bit too close to max PSI on the sidewall...

What the ****?! Glad you're okay man, could've ended up much worse.

My rear bearings went without warning (or maybe just so gradual I never noticed) at the beginning of this season. While trying to get over my crash from last year, I was ramping at a very modest pace and the rear kicked out multiple times. I assumed it was me being a chicken from last year's crash and kept pushing it until it slid out violently with a metal scratching sound (similar to dragging pegs). I kept it up right, started to ride home, but it was wobbling like a rabid animal so I called CAA.

Fawaz showed me the pictures later; the rear ball bearing was gone and the tire was spinning via the spacer. Somehow the bike didn't go down!

Back
Top Bottom