Ardbeg | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ardbeg

Xhumeka

Heading to Ardbeg this weekend; does anyone have any GPS waypoints/tracks for that area? I've only been there once before, and it's such an amazing area to explore I don't know where to start.

If anyone has any suggestions for a day trip (ie leaving Black Lake in the moring, somewhere for lunch, then back to Black/Clear lake without retracing steps) it would be much appreciated!!!

Heading to Ardbeg this weekend; does anyone have any GPS waypoints/tracks for that area? I've only been there once before, and it's such an amazing area to explore I don't know where to start.

If anyone has any suggestions for a day trip (ie leaving Black Lake in the moring, somewhere for lunch, then back to Black/Clear lake without retracing steps) it would be much appreciated!!!

Which clear lake? Are you looking for single track trails or paved roads?

Which clear lake? Are you looking for single track trails or paved roads?

There's a road leading from Ardbeg into the woods called "Clear Lake Road" which leads to Clear Lake. If you keep following that road past Clear Lake (on your right) you'll get to Black Lake where a lot of people setup base camp:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ar...2!3m1!1s0x4d2bdd38b7da38b3:0x6c575a2b11f700b2

We had a good weekend, but it's all rocky with a little mud thrown in here or there. Definitely no single track I'm afraid. Plus the people that camp on the beach at Black lake kinda ruin things (mostly ATVers) by doing donuts on the beach all day and into the night, and riding their atvs as deep into the lake as they can. Besides the noise pollution they are causing some serious REAL pollution in the beautiful lake - it's a great area but it's going to get ruined fast by the way people treat the area :(

Just curious how far you went on the hydro lines? From the south they are rideable from hwy 124 all the north past black lake to the north magnetewan river. Past there I've never had the time to explore. If you like rocks that's the place to go! If there is a continuation it would make for an epic through route.

We made it up to the Magnetawan river also, but didn't go any further. There were definitely trails beyond the river and was easily passable at places, but we didn't have time to go further either.

That's pretty incredible that you can get to Black Lake via the hydro cut all the way from hwy 124, that would be an interesting Dual Sport overnight adventure - especially like you say if there's a back exit somewhere North of the Magnetawan (which I'm sure there must be). GTAM exploration time!!!

We made it up to the Magnetawan river also, but didn't go any further. There were definitely trails beyond the river and was easily passable at places, but we didn't have time to go further either.

That's pretty incredible that you can get to Black Lake via the hydro cut all the way from hwy 124, that would be an interesting Dual Sport overnight adventure - especially like you say if there's a back exit somewhere North of the Magnetawan (which I'm sure there must be). GTAM exploration time!!!

I assume you trailered up there to ride?

Back
Top Bottom