Suggestions for Best place(s) to buy gear? Halton/Mississuaga area. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for Best place(s) to buy gear? Halton/Mississuaga area.

DCI

Hey guys,

looking for a jacket, gloves, pants and maybe boots. Anyone have any suggestions to get some deals?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys,

looking for a jacket, gloves, pants and maybe boots. Anyone have any suggestions to get some deals?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Not exactly Mississauga area... but I would head to GP Bikes. There is also a royal distributing right down the street from GP Bikes.

GP Bikes has always been good to me. Decent prices, helpful staff and good selection.

Not exactly Mississauga area... but I would head to GP Bikes. There is also a royal distributing right down the street from GP Bikes.

GP Bikes has always been good to me. Decent prices, helpful staff and good selection.

Here's your number 1 answer. Check them out. If you must stay in Mississauga area there's riders choice. While they're good I think usually you'll find gp is less expensive

Awesome! Thanks! I think I got a coupon from them for completing the motorcycle training course too!

I'm a little apprehensive of Kijiji stuff, I may resort to it though.

Any suggestions on material type? leather/mesh/textile? I want to have decent airflow and stay cool as I don't plan on riding in inclement weather for the first few seasons.

Perforated leather would be number one. That said a good textile with a removable liner is nice. This is one of those things you need to go check out in person for yourself. Everyone likes something different.

I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket I wear when I'm not decked out in my 2 piece leather suit. The jacket is full textile with the option to zip off the outer shell and make it a mesh jacket while retaining the protection. It also has a removable thermal liner and rain liner. Great starter jacket as it supplies you will all your needs from spring to fall and everything in between.

If you are in the Halton area... Go to can north motors and talk to john.... Very friendly and helpful

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you are in the Halton area... Go to can north motors and talk to john.... Very friendly and helpful

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I actually already met him, nice gear. I guess I have to get used to the prices haha

Thanks

I actually already met him, nice gear. I guess I have to get used to the prices haha

Thanks

I found a great deal on a used jacket right here on GTAM's classifieds.

I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket I wear when I'm not decked out in my 2 piece leather suit. The jacket is full textile with the option to zip off the outer shell and make it a mesh jacket while retaining the protection. It also has a removable thermal liner and rain liner. Great starter jacket as it supplies you will all your needs from spring to fall and everything in between.
This is a great jacket if you only want to buy 1 for every season.
Perforated leather would be number one. That said a good textile with a removable liner is nice. This is one of those things you need to go check out in person for yourself. Everyone likes something different.
I have perforated leathers and I don't think I would ever get them without it.

Any leather is hot when you're sitting still. Perforated is nicer when you're moving. That said with the crap nights we've had lately I've been wearing my non perforated leather after the sun goes down. Depends when and where you are is all.

Textile jackets with removable liners are going to be the cheapest with the most temperature range IMO.

As an example: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-tornado-jacket my Rev'IT Tornado jacket works from 30C+ (with liner out) to 8-10C with the liner in.

The only issue is that the waterproof liner is also part thermal, so you will absolutely roast in hot temperatures with the rain liner.

At that point it's better to just use the mesh jacket portion and put a pair of Frogg's overtop or something.

I would say leather generally offers better protection than textile though.

I know a few people with Joe Rocket jackets and they seem to work well for them.

Back
Top Bottom