Boots with Ankle Hinge Design | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boots with Ankle Hinge Design

I dunno.Not sure if i really want to sell em.A new pair is well over $800.Sooo? Pm me.If you don't get a reply you know the answer.

Well since there seems to be so many people finding\selling their daytona's....if anyone has some laying collecting a bit of dust and they would fit id be happy to relieve you of them. Euro size 44 for my Astars but in shoes I'm normally 10.5.

I need me a new pair of boots and id rather not have to buy new!

I dunno.Not sure if i really want to sell em.A new pair is well over $800.Sooo? Pm me.If you don't get a reply you know the answer.
No thanks. I misunderstood your other comment and thought you actually wanted to sell them. I'm seeing them on Kijiji for $250-350 so I'll look at those options instead.

Daytona's are for sure the best protection you can put on.I have seen riders crash on track with the other brands that are nothing more than leather boots with lego glued to them.The results are always nasty.

This

took me 5 month to get my ankle back to normal after a slow low side at TMP last October, bought a pair of Daytona's for this season

This

took me 5 month to get my ankle back to normal after a slow low side at TMP last October, bought a pair of Daytona's for this season
I crashed in Sidi Vertigo boots at only about 40 kph and had a minor ankle fracture. There's nothing in those boots to prevent much ankle damage. Just some plastic glued to it. Expected better for what I paid but I didn't know any better at the time of purchase.

Most of Icon's boots seem to just be "motorcycle styled" boots. Don't see how they're any more protective than any other regular boot when they're just leather.

I crashed in Sidi Vertigo boots at only about 40 kph and had a minor ankle fracture. There's nothing in those boots to prevent much ankle damage. Just some plastic glued to it. Expected better for what I paid but I didn't know any better at the time of purchase.

Most of Icon's boots seem to just be "motorcycle styled" boots. Don't see how they're any more protective than any other regular boot when they're just leather.

I bought this pair of Icon boots about 8 years ago, they are still holding well and they have protected my foot a few times. It depends the model you buy I guess.

icon_field_armor2_boots.jpg

I bought this pair of Icon boots about 8 years ago, they are still holding well and they have protected my foot a few times. It depends the model you buy I guess.

Those look more protective than some of their other options. Although I guess every company has more relaxed models.

Heard those boots are terrible off the bike though.

Those look more protective than some of their other options. Although I guess every company has more relaxed models.

Heard those boots are terrible off the bike though.

Not at all, very comfortable, but of course like every proper boot, you ain't going for a jog with them.

I'm not sure how my ankle got hurt at Mosport but it was pretty damn sore. No breaks and I was walking on it no problem 2 days later. I was wearing lego boots.

Btw,i didn't coin the phrase "lego boots".Reciprocity is responsible for that.

Well since nobody jumped to sell me a pair of Daytona's in Size 44 I decided its now or never and ended up ordering a set. Now my wallet and children's college fund is significantly lighter.

Re: Boots with Ankle Hinge Design?

Excellent deal:
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/302275906849?_...3De12052.m43.l1123%26rvr_id%3D0&ul_noapp=true

Went to try them on and they are brand new. Fit my toes but I couldn't get the zipper done up over the top of my foot.

Saw these ones over the weekend, too:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-other/...43/1250249114?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

And:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-other/...vo-sports-motorcycle-boots-mens-40/1250247818

The seller has tons of other gear for sale too. Looks like his and hers.

Unfortunately 40 was definitely too short for my toes. Couldn't get the zipper done up on the 41s (foot too tall in the middle). 43 was too long.

Daytonas are amazing. I first bought a pair of Alpinestar SMX3s wayy back in 2004 when I first started riding. I used them mostly for casual rides and Tims runs. In 2005, I decided to buy a pair of Daytona Sport Evos at the McBrides' closeout sale and they were a bit discounted. They lasted 11 years. Now they shown signs of wear and tear but they became my everyday boots when my Astars fell apart like the junk they are. The Daytonas are not only more comfortable for my feet, but they've been used a LOT for trackdays and on the street. It was only in the very last year (last summer) of riding that the inner boot plastic began to crack from dryness around the ankle hinge. The soles are still in tact and the outer leather shell looks almost like day one.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy the Securities for the extra money AND a pair of the Sport Evos for everyday -- well worth it in my opinion as these have lasted 10+ years.

Excellent deal:
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/302275906849?_...3De12052.m43.l1123%26rvr_id%3D0&ul_noapp=true

Went to try them on and they are brand new. Fit my toes but I couldn't get the zipper done up over the top of my foot.

Saw these ones over the weekend, too:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-other/...43/1250249114?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

And:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-other/...vo-sports-motorcycle-boots-mens-40/1250247818

The seller has tons of other gear for sale too. Looks like his and hers.

Unfortunately 40 was definitely too short for my toes. Couldn't get the zipper done up on the 41s (foot too tall in the middle). 43 was too long.

What size do you usually buy / wear? (like 41, 42, or 43...)
I guess I'm really asking, are Daytona boots "true to size"?

What size do you usually buy / wear? (like 41, 42, or 43...)
I guess I'm really asking, are Daytona boots "true to size"?
Seems to vary a lot. My Sidis are 41 and just a touch too small. I can wear them but they're uncomfortable. Daytona 41s fit my foot length but were too narrow top to bottom so I couldn't do up the zipper across the top of the foot. Daytona 43s were much too big.

In shoes I've worn anything from 8 to 10.5. 9 or 9.5 is usually my size. One foot is also bigger than the other which also complicates things.

Overall I'd say the Daytonas are pretty true to size.

I picked a pair of those Icon patrols boots last year. Absolutely love them. I don't track but I do ride street, gravel and trails, these are great for that and relatively comfy off the bike. Would buy again.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

How do you guys find the Icon field armour boots feel with the shifter? On the many reviews I'm reading many people are saying it's a bit tough to shift with, especially sport bikes. Any input?

Back
Top Bottom