Boots with Ankle Hinge Design | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boots with Ankle Hinge Design

Re: Boots with Ankle Hinge Design?

I ended up getting a pair of the Daytona Evo Sport GTX boots. Asides from seeming like they will offer really good protection, they are surprisingly comfortable to walk in. I also like that I can keep the inner boot and order a replacement outer boot when it's time comes. There is also excellent feel for the shifter.
Nice boots. How much did you get them for?

Last time I looked it up that replaceable outer alone cost more than most other entire boots.

I got them off another rider from ADVrider for $200. He was asking way more, but I politely lowballed him and he accepted it:) I'm not usually the one to get used boots, but these were in really great condition, so I decided to try them to see how I like them. They are awesome boots and I will definitely get replacement outer boots when these wear out.
I've already put about 15000km on these and the only downside is that they take a bit longer to put on than any other street boots I have owned. I wanted these because I did have my bike fall on my foot a while back and the ankle twisted a bit inside my A* boots, which would not have happened in these boots.

Nice deal!

I ended up getting a pair of the Daytona Evo Sport GTX boots. Asides from seeming like they will offer really good protection, they are surprisingly comfortable to walk in. I also like that I can keep the inner boot and order a replacement outer boot when it's time comes. There is also excellent feel for the shifter.
Nice score. I've had mine for 3 years and they've held up great and still have tons of life left. I recently got a new pair of Security EVOs and even though they offer more protection than the Sport model, they're way too stiff and will require a ton of time to break in. Not sure if I'll be keeping them.

Thinking of going with the Dainese Axial Pro Ins if the Daytonas have to go.

Nice score. I've had mine for 3 years and they've held up great and still have tons of life left. I recently got a new pair of Security EVOs and even though they offer more protection than the Sport model, they're way too stiff and will require a ton of time to break in. Not sure if I'll be keeping them.

Thinking of going with the Dainese Axial Pro Ins if the Daytonas have to go.

How big are your feet??? Lol

I was leaning towards the Dainese TRQ Tour but I have wide feet so they might be too narrow for me. Wish I could've found my size at the show to try. Are there any Dainese models that are better for wider feet? How are Daytonas for width?

I was leaning towards the Dainese TRQ Tour but I have wide feet so they might be too narrow for me. Wish I could've found my size at the show to try. Are there any Dainese models that are better for wider feet? How are Daytonas for width?

I do not have the exact boot, but I have the Dainese TR Course Out Air boot, and I can tell you my feet are not neccecarily narrow and I fit them just fine and they are amazingly comfortable.

My review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Blzo4AVmw

For your reference, I buy my goalie skates in a wide size as it hurts my toes with the normal sizes.

How big are your feet??? Lol
10.5 US/44 EU.

My Sport EVOs are 44 as well and those were insta-comfortable. According to Rider's Choice, I should be in a 44 in the Security EVOs as well but since they're way more stiff, they'll require some time to break in. I'll make up my mind once I try them on the bike.

I do not have the exact boot, but I have the Dainese TR Course Out Air boot, and I can tell you my feet are not neccecarily narrow and I fit them just fine and they are amazingly comfortable.

My review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Blzo4AVmw

For your reference, I buy my goalie skates in a wide size as it hurts my toes with the normal sizes.
Maybe I'll be fine then since their website lists the TR-Course Out Air as "slim" with the Tours being "regular".

They only list one boot as being "relaxed".

Although their website also has some conflicting info. I just found one boot that the description says "ideal for long rides" but then says "short range" lower down.

I've been known to be too wide for EEE width. Square toes. Lol

Last edited:

10.5 US/44 EU.

My Sport EVOs are 44 as well and those were insta-comfortable. According to Rider's Choice, I should be in a 44 in the Security EVOs as well but since they're way more stiff, they'll require some time to break in. I'll make up my mind once I try them on the bike.

Well in that case I hope you like them because they wouldn't fit me anyways lol.

Bump for a new year.
I just picked up a new pair of the Daytona Evo Sport boots and these are such amazing boots.
Can't wait to get them dirty.

Bump for a new year.
I just picked up a new pair of the Daytona Evo Sport boots and these are such amazing boots.
Can't wait to get them dirty.
How much did those set you back?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There are a couple of sweet Daytona used boot listings on Kijiji right now.
So there are. Thanks for the heads up!

lol I saw before you posted - but I'd be happy to buy you one anyways:)

guy that sold them to me said that he had 3 bikes stolen in a row and gave up on riding before he ever got to really use the boots...

Daytona's are for sure the best protection you can put on.I have seen riders crash on track with the other brands that are nothing more than leather boots with lego glued to them.The results are always nasty.I have a pair of Evo Sports (41) in the garage that i might part with if someone comes up with the right handful of cash.

Daytona's are for sure the best protection you can put on.I have seen riders crash on track with the other brands that are nothing more than leather boots with lego glued to them.The results are always nasty.I have a pair of Evo Sports (41) in the garage that i might part with if someone comes up with the right handful of cash.
What's the amount?

Back
Top Bottom