Boots with Ankle Hinge Design | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boots with Ankle Hinge Design

Re: Boots with Ankle Hinge Design?

i personally have the dainese tr course out. love the style and protection. buddy of mine has the same boots and wore them to track and crashed in them, and they still held up amazing. he still wears them now and they still kept the rigidity and protection of them. also, all day comfortable. i wore them to ride to work and forgot my shoes at home, had to wear them all day. mind you, i work retail and i was standing for a good 8 hours. and i was fine. A+ on any dainese products.

Dainese Axial Pro ins.

You can rock 'em under jeans and walk in them all day. Oh, and Rossi wears 'em :D

I also have the TCX RS2 Evos. Very protective as well but the Axial's are way more comfortable, and less bulky!

Last edited:

So basically after reading the posts so far, any of the leading manf top-level boots are great ;)

(Alpinestar SMX-Plus is what I've currently got. 3yrs, 50,000km's, track/street/8,000km week ride to Dragon with rain, holding up well and super comfy).

Dainese Axial Pro ins.

You can rock 'em under jeans and walk in them all day. Oh, and Rossi wears 'em :D

I also have the TCX RS2 Evos. Very protective as well but the Axial's are way more comfortable, and less bulky!

my Astar supertech rs are wayyyy more comfortable than my TCX boots were too. Crashed prob ten times in the TCX and never lost a leg though

^^ no complaints for my tcx boots but the dainese are definitely more comfortable.

Daytona or Dainese.All the others are just leather boots with lego glued to them.

I liked my supertechs and like my supertech R's even more. They're a bit of a pain to take on and off but theyre comfortable and I haven't suffered any injurys while wearing them.

Daytona or Dainese.All the others are just leather boots with lego glued to them.

Sounds like this is the direction I'll be going (one of those 2 brands). I have to say, I'm rather disappointed with my Sidis considering how much I paid for them. Didn't really know what to look for when I bought them (first motorcycle boots) and figured more money means more protection. Some of their other models look like they have better ankle protection, though.

At least all the Legos are actually bolted to them so they can be replaced, lol.

I shouldn't bash them too much or no one will buy them when I get replacements haha (do people even buy used motorcycle boots?).

^^yup. As long as they ain't all stank up.

Guess the next step is to figure out which of these I can get locally and compare pricing. Thanks for the help everyone.

My Daytona's feel like slippers compared to my Dainese.

Don't think i'll ever buy another brand of boots again.
So you're saying the Dayonas are more comfortable than the Dainese? Who sells Daytona boots in Canada?

Guess the next step is to figure out which of these I can get locally and compare pricing. Thanks for the help everyone.

the dainese either gp or riders I would think will be your best two bets. The daytona's I couldn't tell ya

the dainese either gp or riders I would think will be your best two bets. The daytona's I couldn't tell ya

Yeah I think I'm going to end up with something from Dainese since I can get them locally and I can find next to no one, even in the US, that sells Daytona. Plus the Daytonas are 2-3 times the price! Sure, they have replaceable outers but those replacements cost more than the whole boot from Dainese.

The TRQ-Tour Goretex looks like it would meet my needs well but I'm worried about sizing because I have very wide feet and all the reviews say Dainese boots are very narrow. That's actually the biggest problem with my Sidis. I bought them to fit length even though they were tight width but I thought they might break in (I was wrong). Although part of the problem is that my foot doesn't stay at the back of the boot and instead gets rammed into the front, for some reason, putting even more pressure on my outside toes.

Riders choice sells Daytona I can tell you they are the best boots for protection and comfort out there.

Daytonas are wider than the dainese, which is why I went for them. Great boots all around.

Last edited:

Riders choice sells Daytona I can tell you they are the best boots for protection and comfort out there.
I literally just emailed them asking about 2 specific Dainese models or ANY Daytona models. They said they have one of the Dainese ones but said nothing about Daytonas. Odd.

That is strange I bought mine there as did a few others I know.

sent from a device using a program

Rider's choice is the kind of store you have to go down to in person and look around, even then they can treat you like you are a pain in their collective arses. They do have lot's of primo stuff though. Worth checking out the place. I got my daytonas there.

list of Canada Daytona Dealers

John M. McBride (all products)
Riders Choice
2276 Dixie Road, L4Y 1Z4 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Phone: (905) 896 7433, Fax: (905) 896 2727
web: www.riderschoice.ca

canada.gif
Blackfoot Motosports
6 Highfield Circle S.E., Calgary AB T2G 5N5, Canada
Phone: (403) 243 2636, Toll Free: (800) 665 6735
eMail: purchasing@blackfootmotosports.com