UofT approves course incl anti-vax & meditation shrinks tumors by quantum physics | GTAMotorcycle.com

UofT approves course incl anti-vax & meditation shrinks tumors by quantum physics

Re: UofT approves course incl anti-vax & meditation shrinks tumors by quantum physics

Once you get to the part where the lecturer is married to the Dean of UofT at scarborough campus it all makes sense. ............

Re: UofT approves course incl anti-vax & meditation shrinks tumors by quantum physics

Jesus UofT thats embarrassing I mean i would be fine having a discussion of both sides but there is only one side of that argument that has any actual peer reviewed Data to go on. So if the argument is they want students to think critically about this then you have to teach them the tool sets to do that, including looking at what side has credible peer reviewed papers in reputable journals and what groups write books claiming grand medical conspiracies.

book that claims vaccines have not reduced rates of disease or increased lifespan

VaccinesWork.png

Last edited:

WOW. science doesnt mean what I think they think it means.

Does it really matter? Hippies have been feeding themselves this stuff forever, now UofT is capitalizing on it.
Health isn't actually a "hard science" like physics or computers or math anyway.
The doctor that made some cuts on my baby, when we discussed our engineering backgrounds, said he switched to medicine because tolerances were wider.
Health science could use empirical evidence were sample sizes significant enough, or interpretive aptitude was sufficient in the read, but since it attracts people of a certain type, the math goes out the window in favor of pre-conceived beliefs.

It's perfectly in line with Harper in Canada, and the U.S. Republicans phasing out science altogether.

That school has become a laughing stock

Does it really matter? Hippies have been feeding themselves this stuff forever, now UofT is capitalizing on it.
Health isn't actually a "hard science" like physics or computers or math anyway.
The doctor that made some cuts on my baby, when we discussed our engineering backgrounds, said he switched to medicine because tolerances were wider.
Health science could use empirical evidence were sample sizes significant enough, or interpretive aptitude was sufficient in the read, but since it attracts people of a certain type, the math goes out the window in favor of pre-conceived beliefs.

No he switched to medicine because he earns 3 times what most engineers make in Ontario.

It's perfectly in line with Harper in Canada, and the U.S. Republicans phasing out science altogether.

Harper is not an anti vaxer. He's a lot of things, stupid is not one.

Every single time.

If you were an idealistic 20 year old kid id find it amusing. But you're not.

Every single time.

If you were an idealistic 20 year old kid id find it amusing. But you're not.

I suppose, by saying my comment would be amusing if I were a kid, you are dismissing my view as inferior to your more mature view?
And yes, every single time: This is who I am and what I believe. What do you believe in? Something less ideal? I'd be interested in hearing.

In Canada, Harper has destroyed a scientific library, has under-funded scientific research, muzzled federally employed scientists from discussing their work, pushes oil sands projects, and refuses to sign co2 emissions limit agreements or even send representatives to climate change conferences.

In the U.S., the GOP largely denies climate change and in many conservative lead states require creationism to be taught in schools as a viable alternative theory on the origin of life.

Would you like to focus our discussion on either country?

Last edited:

Harper is not an anti vaxer. He's a lot of things, stupid is not one.

Harper is anti-science which is the point I think was being made. It's well documented.

I wish i had such simplistic view of the world where everything is so black and white. I fail to see what Harper has to do with UofT, other than you popped up to wave your BS flag.

Its cute really.

I wish i had such simplistic view of the world where everything is so black and white. I fail to see what Harper has to do with UofT, other than you popped up to wave your BS flag.
Its cute really.

Glad you think it's cute. Both topics are about anti-science.

You don't offer a substantive response. Just insults. What do you want to debate and challenge?

Or do you just want to trade some "yo momma" jabs?

Last edited:

http://www.macleans.ca/authors/julia-belluz/the-scientists-vs-harper/

We need to keep a close eye on Harper and make sure his government doesn’t gut the research that voters and policymakers alike need to make informed decisions. But scientists who call the government anti-science are hardly helping their own cause: they risk polarizing the discussion and losing the trust of the public.

Thanks kwtoxman. As adRath said, well documented: http://www.academicmatters.ca/2013/...no-science-no-evidence-no-truth-no-democracy/

"It’s no secret the Harper government has a problem with science. In fact, Canada’s scientists are so frustrated with this government’s recent overhaul of scientific communications policies and cuts to research programs they took to the streets, marching on Parliament Hill last summer to decry the “Death of Evidence.” Their concerns— expressed on their protest banners—followed a precise logic: “no science, no evidence, no truth, no democracy.”"

Can't wait a it for the "elitist liberal" insult.

Last edited:

So since we have a Macleans article, lets look at the part where they show the graph of government spending and the annual increases for the last decade. And lets not forget there are actually MORE scientists in Canada now than 8 yrs ago. And they now have to compete for funding.

Lets face it folks, he Uni supported research need to sway public support as much as the liberals and grits, its how they all get paid. Well paid.

Wonder why Joe public loathes the Uni funding, they get to lecture on courses founded on "real science" , like meditation will shrink a tumor. And anti vaxing.
Since I cant spray weeds because my weed killer will give your kid an allergic reaction (science) and you can send your kid to school and give my kid polio (science) because you don't vaccinate because it causes autism (NOT SCIENCE) and this is taught at a school that also has a school of medicine? Yeah, cut funding.

Harper is anti-science which is the point I think was being made. It's well documented.

Not anti-science as much as pro-business. When the two collide he usually favours the latter.

In my view, it's more extreme. Harper would never let science get in the way of business profit, even when the profits leave Canada by way of multinational corporations. He is ignoring any environmental science concerns over the environment.

Back
Top Bottom