Trip Checklist. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trip Checklist.

kiwi

Last edited:
Here is one for budgeting a trip, may be useful for those that like that sort of thing,

http://www.klamen.com/files/mctrip.xlsx

Neet file for budgeting, I have never really priced anything out, just go and figure it out on the road. Never give budget much thought.

As for packing, I usually start listing everything I want to take about a week before the trip. I lay out what is going in each case. I also list what I need to buy still. I just print the list after that and start packing and check off each thing when done and in the pannier. I think the more you do it the less planning you need as you know what you really want and need.

I think the more you do it the less planning you need as you know what you really want and need.

+1
I've got a decade old short list of touring essentials tucked into my map book. Still kind of surprising how much makes it onto an "essentials only" list to make life bearable on the road.

thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I usually pack, then remove half the clothes ;-)

I'm taking enough luggage down to bring back the goodies I have ordered waiting for me in Niagara Falls, NY ;-)
If I forget something.. can always drop by a WalMart etc ;-)

For every trip I also keep a list of items that I brought which I "didn't need/didn't use". It helps to counteract the tendency to bring junk on the next trip just because I "might need it". There are some exceptions for stuff like the tire patch kit which has never been used, but now I use pretty much every single thing that I bring, because I only bring stuff that I must have, rather than stuff that I "might need".

I use trips to get rid of a lot of old cloths, so I pack a fair bit and every day toss stuff out. Makes it easier returning as well with very little laundry to do. I do not buy souvenirs or anything really, might pick up bottle of cherry coke zero when state side, that is about it.

I use trips to get rid of a lot of old cloths, so I pack a fair bit and every day toss stuff out. Makes it easier returning as well with very little laundry to do. I do not buy souvenirs or anything really, might pick up bottle of cherry coke zero when state side, that is about it.

ha ha! I do the same. Great for getting rid of smelly underwear ;-)

Because we're riding about 500km approx daily, and its a "riding" trip akin to sightseeing, I realize I dont need to pack much more than a few tshirts and jeans plus a pair of shoes. I've got a bit of "shopping" (bike stuff I've ordered) waiting to be picked up at CBI USA too :)

Back
Top Bottom