So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

Forgetting about revamping your own 250, if you would of sell it and buy one of these CSBK 300's. how much would it cost you?

Regardless of people's opinions, they have to level the plain field in regards to modifications, the series should be based on skill and not on who has the better "go fast parts" so trying to keep a standard everyone has to go by is the right thing to do, maybe they over priced themselves but that is a different conversation.

If your goal was to run the 300 CSBK series, then you should probably have waited and tried to purchase one of their bikes instead of building your own, if your goal was to have your own bike so you could run track days then you have accomplished it (well done)

Last edited:
They had a flyer with the cost of all the upgrades but I forgot to bring it home, fack.

The kit is...

- Ktech front fork cartridges ($1200)
- Elka rear shock ($800)
- Hindle exhaust
- PCV with quickshifter
- Hotbodies bodywork
- Kawasaki frame sliders
- Dunlop Sportmax Alpha tires

And these are the only options; any other modifications from any other vendor are verboten. Bikes running in the series will also have to be stickered up with all the sponsor decals.

So again, because I have Armour Bodies bodywork, Racetech front springs, a GSXR rear shock, Vortex rearsets, Woodcraft clipons, Metzeler tires, etc. I'm not allowed to participate in the 300 series.

I really hope Kawasaki changes their mind about this, because as is they've completely butchered the appeal. Like Benny said, the entire purpose of racing 300s is because it's cheap... They've basically reserved it for the rich. I don't have $2000 to spend on suspension, nor would I ever invest that in my 300.

It sucks that some of the mods that you've done make preclude you from running in the series but I think if it were my intention to run in that series I would have checked the rules first. And if the rules were not yet available then it was a gamble to build your bike without knowing the rules first.

Further, I don't mean to sound rude, but if you think the cost of building up an official CSBK Ninja 300 as per their kit is expensive you would **** yourself if you looked at the budget for a competitive Amateur season (lets just forget about pro for the time being). Relatively speaking the Ninja 300 with the official kit is practically free when compared to the bigger classes. The purpose of the class is to be a stepping stone to Amateur 600/SBK. If the cost of the official kit is enough would prevent someone from entering the series then there is no way they could even briefly entertain continuing on to the Amateur 600/SBK classes.

It sucks that some of the mods that you've done make preclude you from running in the series but I think if it were my intention to run in that series I would have checked the rules first. And if the rules were not yet available then it was a gamble to build your bike without knowing the rules first.

Further, I don't mean to sound rude, but if you think the cost of building up an official CSBK Ninja 300 as per their kit is expensive you would **** yourself if you looked at the budget for a competitive Amateur season (lets just forget about pro for the time being). Relatively speaking the Ninja 300 with the official kit is practically free when compared to the bigger classes. The purpose of the class is to be a stepping stone to Amateur 600/SBK. If the cost of the official kit is enough would prevent someone from entering the series then there is no way they could even briefly entertain continuing on to the Amateur 600/SBK classes.
I don't think people doing this series would be aiming to step up. this is supposed to be a cheap series.
Now I understand the idea of leveling the playing field but do it like they do in other series. armour bodies isn't not a step up in performance and racetech springs are not better performing than the k-tech cartridges. Make a cap at performance mods regardless of brand.

Put it this way: I have a 10 year old bike that would do just fine in SOAR and it was only $4500 with all the bells and whistles. I'm not going to invest that same money on top of the bike purchase price with smaller grids and limited race organizations.

Last edited:
I don't think people doing this series would be aiming to step up. this is supposed to be a cheap series.
Now I understand the idea of leveling the playing field but do it like they do in other series. armour bodies isn't not a step up in performance and racetech springs are not better performing than the k-tech cartridges. Make a cap at performance mods regardless of brand.
Part of the reason economically made sense for them to build 20+ CSBK bikes is because there were some exclusivity sponsorship agreements with those vendors (i.e. you give me 20 sets of bodywork at X price and all bikes in that series will have your bodywork and stickers advertising) - Without those agreements, most likely they would have to build those bikes at cost and that would have made it impossible.

I for one am happy some stuff is happening in our country racing wise, might not be perfect but it is something.

Sad to see how many few people attended CSBK this weekend, probably most riders in this forum went out for a ride to the forks instead of spending a fantastic day supporting the sport.

Cheap is a relative term. When compared to the bigger classes the Ninja 300 cup is practically free.

If riders are not looking to move up they aren't going to take their season seriously. Maybe they won't fly out to Edmonton or Shubie because that costs too much, maybe they won't do all the rounds because they have other stuff going on. Maybe they'll just be just sort of partially committed to the season.

Do you think that's the type of person CSBK and Kawi want to come out?

Maybe CSBK weekends should have a trackday class to run between AM600 and Pro Superbike. Just some random folks riding around....

Sad to see how many few people attended CSBK this weekend, probably most riders in this forum went out for a ride to the forks instead of spending a fantastic day supporting the sport.

18,000 fans on Sat and 25,000 fans on Sunday were not enough? What would you consider a reasonable turnout?

Personally I thought it was a great fan turnout this weekend.

Part of the reason economically made sense for them to build 20+ CSBK bikes is because there were some exclusivity sponsorship agreements with those vendors (i.e. you give me 20 sets of bodywork at X price and all bikes in that series will have your bodywork and stickers advertising) - Without those agreements, most likely they would have to build those bikes at cost and that would have made it impossible.

I for one am happy some stuff is happening in our country racing wise, might not be perfect but it is something.

yeah I understand the the reasoning behind the limits that were made, but if they want it to take off they need to relax them a bit.

Cheap is a relative term. When compared to the bigger classes the Ninja 300 cup is practically free.

If riders are not looking to move up they aren't going to take their season seriously. Maybe they won't fly out to Edmonton or Shubie because that costs too much, maybe they won't do all the rounds because they have other stuff going on. Maybe they'll just be just sort of partially committed to the season.

Do you think that's the type of person CSBK and Kawi want to come out?

Maybe CSBK weekends should have a trackday class to run between AM600 and Pro Superbike. Just some random folks riding around....
At that point it would be more economical to go 600.

18,000 fans on Sat and 25,000 fans on Sunday were not enough? What would you consider a reasonable turnout?

Personally I thought it was a great fan turnout this weekend.
A TFC season game has 22,000 people regularly. No I don't think that is enough for the size of the venue and the quality of the racing, specially the final round. How many millions of people between the GTA, Kingston and Ottawa? out of all those only 25k came out?

Can always be worse or better, but I wish it was better.

For the record, the 300 I'm building was my personal bike that I bought 2 years ago. I'm converting it to a track bike and was already in the process of doing so, before any CSBK 300 class specs were announced.

I was excited about the opportunity of being able to race in a 300 series as well, but I guess I'll stick to track days.

I still think Kawi shot themselves in the foot here, and are still doing so by not releasing the final specs and kit packages until the upcoming January bike show. That doesn't give people much time to build, and any hype generated beforehand is going to fade.

I understand that CSBK in itself isn't "cheap" but I still don't see the sense forcing people to invest so much money in a 300. Levelling the playing field is fine, but do so by setting maximums, not by making every single bike 100% identical. My GSXR shock is nowhere near the level of the Elka shock in the kit, I don't see why that should exclude me from competing.

Last edited:
For the record, the 300 I'm building was my personal bike that I bought 2 years ago. I'm converting it to a track bike and was already in the process of doing so, before any CSBK 300 class specs were announced.

I was excited about the opportunity of being able to race in a 300 series as well, but I guess I'll stick to track days.

I still think Kawi shot themselves in the foot here, and are still doing so by not releasing the final specs and kit packages until the upcoming January bike show. That doesn't give people much time to build, and any hype generated beforehand is going to fade.

I understand that CSBK in itself isn't "cheap" but I still don't see the sense forcing people to invest so much money in a 300. Levelling the playing field is fine, but do so by setting maximums, not by making every single bike 100$ identical. My GSXR shock is nowhere near the level of the Elka shock in the kit, I don't see why that should exclude me from competing.

Shannonville has 300 Production and Lightweight Production classes for your 300. 2 races Sat. 2 races Sunday.

A TFC season game has 22,000 people regularly. No I don't think that is enough for the size of the venue and the quality of the racing, specially the final round. How many millions of people between the GTA, Kingston and Ottawa? out of all those only 25k came out?

Considering the obscurity of the sport in this country, those numbers are very strong.

Uhmm, well, it has been a lot worse! So I think this is an improvement. And those that didn't come out,missed probably the best racing in many years. What is TFC?

Uhmm, well, it has been a lot worse! So I think this is an improvement. And those that didn't come out,missed probably the best racing in many years. What is TFC?
Absolutely an improvement but there is got to be some way to make it better, did not hear a single radio ad, nothing on the news, no signs anywhere in the city, no ads on GTAM. Not saying those are the best ways to advertise but something.

Toronto Futbol Club (TFC)

AGAIN:

R.A.C.E. SUPER SERIES
...and....
S.O.A.R

Trust me, it's that easy.

Ok, I'm clearly blind. What SOAR or RACE series allow 300s? Rookie Cup maybe, but that's hardly fun if you're going to get ripped apart by 600s all day.

AGAIN:

R.A.C.E. SUPER SERIES
...and....
S.O.A.R

Trust me, it's that easy.

I was thinking my posts weren't being displayed.....
SOAR also has a class as well as the 300 can participate on the endurance race, 3 hours of lapping no stop with 24 other bikes on track, best way to gain some experience without the full stress of a sprint race.

Ok, I'm clearly blind. What SOAR or RACE series allow 300s? Rookie Cup maybe, but that's hardly fun if you're going to get ripped apart by 600s all day.

I think these apply to you, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Endurance GTL:
Vintage Light, Formula Two stroke, NuSpeed,Other bikes up to 500cc four stroke and 350cc two stroke not included in sprint classifications.

Formula 2 strocke

Lightweight:
125cc GP Style Machines
350cc Liquid Cooled Street Based Machines
500cc Air Cooled Street Based Machines
250cc Water Cooled Single
400cc Air Cooled Single

http://www.soaracing.ca/html/soar_classes.html

Back
Top Bottom