So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

I am feeling the Christmas spirit coming and since I want to see the small cc bike class grow.

I offer the following:

For all new racers who join the grid for Lightweight Production for Round 1 at RACE in 2016:

I will pay your transponder rental fee for that weekend ($45).

If you have raced before, sorry you are excluded.

mr bakaboy, you have an incredible racing spirit!

bakaboy is the RACE Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am feeling the Christmas spirit coming and since I want to see the small cc bike class grow.

I offer the following:

For all new racers who join the grid for Lightweight Production for Round 1 at RACE in 2016:

I will pay your transponder rental fee for that weekend ($45).

It's times like these when I miss the forum member rating system. Awesome move.

Sorry. What is your question?

O the catch....gay sexual servitude

Why does there have to be a catch?

"Ba-ha-haaa!" ... If the "catch" was for real, it might even attract the odd politician to the grid. I hear some of these guys pay good money for that kinda treatment ..? ... ;-)

Seriously; cool offer to new racers, buddy :)

I found a video of them racing the Ninja 300's at CSBK this past summer. Starting at the 9 min mark there's a pretty good battle going on between these 3 riders.

[video=youtube;un_9ZFh_nKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_9ZFh_nKU[/video]

Rumour has it that the rulebook has been "soften" for the equipment modifications for the CSBK series. Bodywork requirements will remain but other modifications and year model may change. You will just need to wait until April (sarcasm) for the rulebook to be issued for confirmation of this.

And it sounds as though Kawasaki still hasn't decided what they are doing with the 20 race ready 300s but that IF a seat rental option is offered, it may take a the form of a "rent to own" format with possible # of grid appearance requirement.

I have a chance to pick up a salvage title 300...2014( I think) Was toying with the idea of building a new track bike.

I doubt I would ever be able to ride at the CBSK level, but from everything I've read online, it seems you have to buy the basic "kit" from them or kawi. Its a little confusing.

Anyways, might see some of you guys at Shanny this upcoming season, at the least a track day or 2

The "kit" requirement and what is required versus available is what they are considering modifying in the requirements.

And as for the salvage title on a 2014 the wording shared was "any 300 from the 2013 to current model".

I have a chance to pick up a salvage title 300...2014( I think) Was toying with the idea of building a new track bike.

I doubt I would ever be able to ride at the CBSK level, but from everything I've read online, it seems you have to buy the basic "kit" from them or kawi. Its a little confusing.

Anyways, might see some of you guys at Shanny this upcoming season, at the least a track day or 2

Last edited:

Go for it Steve, I picked up a crashed 2015 that I'm building.

Where are you guys getting your salvage bikes? I might want in on this deal. :)

Hot Bodies had a 2 for 1 deal recently for 300 fairing kits, it might be over though.
Try asking Brooklin Cycle Racing if they have any kits for sale. They prepared the 300s for CSBK last year. If anyone is interested, they're selling the 250 race kits for $650.

I was gonna go with Armour Bodies as everyone says Hotbodies sucks.

I used hotbodies on my bike because I had to draw the line on my budget somewhere. I've had two minor lowsides on it and it held up just fine. Nothing broke or cracked it just wore through the fibreglass even after sliding through the grass. It's very light, flexible, and the firment was ok, not perfect. The tail was the worst part taking a few hrs to fit (aftermarket subframe and tank cover made the job harder) but the upper/lower went on in 10min. I replaced my HB tail with armourbodies now and I had to do the same amount of prep work (wet sand the primer) before paint but the holes lined up perfectly. I would have no problem using HB bodywork again.

My lowside bent my fairing stay and I forgot it did crack the upper slightly (black gorilla tape on the sides of the windscreen). The windscreen is pointing way up after the crash as well but suffered no damage.

Repaired and ready for the 2015 season

The complaints you'll read about HotBodies only relate to fit up. The actual construction of the bodywork is pretty good but you may experience some headaches or rework getting certain bits to fit correctly.

One thing I've noticed though is that the HotBodies for the 2011-2015 ZX-10R doesn't work with the OEM windscreen. They use their own windscreen and the upper is quite a bit different than OEM around the windscreen. I don't know if they do anything like that with other models but I find that with the 10R theirs just looks a little "off" because of it.

The hotbodies on the CBR250s fit horribly but with some 10 crashes on 3 sets, they crash well and patch well

Back
Top Bottom