So who's building a 300 track bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

Benny!

Site Supporter
Not me...yet. But I'm curious how many are actually doing it. I've talked to a couple that are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Perfect timing, I was going to post asking, where are all the 250/300 race bikes? I've only seen a couple for sale.

Anyone building one, please post up a build thread. It would be much appreciated.

D6STQwX.jpg

Last edited:
Not me...yet. But I'm curious how many are actually doing it. I've talked to a couple that are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
what about the 600rr you just got

Perfect timing, I was going to post asking, where are all the 250/300 race bikes? I've only seen a couple for sale.

Anyone building one, please post up a build thread. It would be much appreciated.

There's a well sorted CBR 250 for sale. PM me if you're interested. I can get you in touch with the seller.

i'm interested. I wonder how much that csbk kit is going to cost.

Does anybody here have a cost breakdown / budget per race?

I rode the 300 at Mosport RDT on Friday, part of the Kawasaki demo day. It was so much fun! Cool little bike for short tracks. Rode the ZX-10 after the 300 and it steered like a freighter compared. LOL...

We've spent some time looking at 250/300 prices since Friday ;)

Hey DaveTheCanuck, other than what my novice eyes can see (race plastics and grips) what have you done. Better, yet what do you plan to do to it....unless it's a competitive secret.

now that I need new fairings, I'm thinking about this as well...

DaveTheCanuck,

I assume that's from Hotbodies, how is the fit and finish?

Last edited:
Do it up guys, we need big grids for the 300 production class:)

I'll be buying/building one as well.

Hey DaveTheCanuck, other than what my novice eyes can see (race plastics and grips) what have you done. Better, yet what do you plan to do to it....unless it's a competitive secret.

So far not much. Stripped all the unnecessary electrical and hard parts that aren't needed for track (I still want to find a lighter exhaust and get rid of the right passenger peg).

Front forks have racetech springs in them. I have a rear shock from a 2006 GSXR-600 that I'll be swapping on, I'm just waiting for a collar/spacer from racetech to come in so I can install a proper Eibach spring for my weight. SS brake lines, R6 throttle tube... not much else performance wise... yet.

DaveTheCanuck,

I assume that's from Hotbodies, how is the fit and finish?

These are Armour Bodies; quality and finish is fantastic. The fit of the Hotbodies for the 300 is absolute crap, I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Right now the bodywork is just sitting on the bike, I haven't actually drilled or mounted it yet, so we'll see what the final fit is like, but so far it seems pretty good. The tail might need a bit of convincing to sit flush with the undertail though.

Do it up guys, we need big grids for the 300 production class:)

I'll be buying/building one as well.

It's done. I have purchased my green Ninja 300. Thank you to everyone that helped with their opinions in the other threads as well. I like that Armour Bodies is a Canadian company, I will definitely go with them.

I have been putting in the time converting a KTM RC390 street bike into a road race bike. I think that very people appreciate how much time and energy has to go into converting a modern street bike into a road racer or track day weapon. Modern street bikes have compacted power units/fuel injection/air boxes/wiring that make taking things apart extrememely time consuming. Those who do it for a living (like Ben G) make it look easy and deserve the bucks they charge for doing it. Trust me it is a ton of work. If you want to race and you have the choice of a fully converted race bike VS a stock street bike...you would be nuts to go with the street bike. Look for a bike that has already been converted. My 2 cents. parillaguy

Back
Top Bottom