So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

id look for something like this, before a 300. run 2 or 3 classes....

not mine, on kijiji, sellers number is fouronesix8984869

25-Aug-
Price
$1,800.00
Address Markham, ON
View map
Make Suzuki
Model SV
For Sale By Owner
Colour Blue
Engine Displacement (cc) 650
Kilometers 11000
Year 2005
For sale is my 2005 Suzuki SV650 Track bike. The bike has a salvage Ontario title in my name. At the time of purchase it had 10,300 Km’s. It now has around 11,000 km. The bike is stored in a garage and is fired up and run periodically to keep it from deteriorating. A list of modifications is below:

Elka Triple Clicker rear shock sprung for 190 lb rider
Race Tech front springs for 190lb rider
Race Tech gold 25W fork oil
Dale Walker Exhaust slip on exhaust. It sounds like gunfire when you crack the throttle, this is the best sounding SV650 exhaust system IMO.
Woodcraft CFM rear sets (the complete kit)
Frame Sliders
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa tires
Spiegler braided front brake lines
R6 ¼ turn throttle
Vesrah RJL brake pads (front)
Safety wired front caliper mounting bolts
ATE Superblue brake fluid
Amsoil 20W50 or Currently filled with Prestone green coolant as it has been in storage, but normally use distilled water and water wetter.
Fresh Battery July 2014 (

Last edited:
That is a good deal for a track bike. I think the people that want to race at a national level and learn or not spend $1500 a weekend on tires are the intended market for the 300 though, not regionals.

That is a good deal for a track bike. I think the people that want to race at a national level and learn or not spend $1500 a weekend on tires are the intended market for the 300 though, not regionals.

learn to walk before you run? 650 is a great tool to learn on. if a person is entertaining thoughts of winning a national championship, a first season running regionals with WAY MORE SEAT TIME RACING wouldn't hurt. then go for the nationals?

edit:
and the sv650 is fairly easy on tires, and the money you will save on travel.....

otherwise id ask bakaboy about selling one of his cbr250's? ready to go. run regional and save the nationals for when you have some polished skills. i don't think newcomers to racing realize how fat a wallet they are going to need, especially for the csbk 300 spec class. my two coppers.

Last edited:
2 of the CBR250s for sale. 3rd one gone.

The lamenting that I am having right now is whether to get a 300/R3 and build it for next year for the 15 year old or just move him to the 1st Gen SV that I have as a spare.

Thinking economics says put him on the $1800 SV that I already have.

learn to walk before you run? 650 is a great tool to learn on. if a person is entertaining thoughts of winning a national championship, a first season running regionals with WAY MORE SEAT TIME RACING wouldn't hurt. then go for the nationals?

edit:
and the sv650 is fairly easy on tires, and the money you will save on travel.....

otherwise id ask bakaboy about selling one of his cbr250's? ready to go. run regional and save the nationals for when you have some polished skills. i don't think newcomers to racing realize how fat a wallet they are going to need, especially for the csbk 300 spec class. my two coppers.

5-6 fellow streets riders including myself are interested. We just wanna race without spending too much. Here's to hoping the spec kit doesn't cost too much and being able to pick up 300s for cheap, or those spec built kawis for cheap.

see the blurp #163 on cost

edit: 5-6 riders? you potentially have two endurance teams. take turns for the sprint races. bakaboys two cbr250s cost, divided by four or six riders...would be very inexpensive. yehh baby - go for it! be a leader and organize it?

it would be a cool way to start racing...A RACE TEAM(s)!

Last edited:
see the blurp #163 on cost

edit: 5-6 riders? you potentially have two endurance teams. take turns for the sprint races. bakaboys two cbr250s cost, divided by four or six riders...would be very inexpensive. yehh baby - go for it! be a leader and organize it?

it would be a cool way to start racing...A RACE TEAM(s)!

the title for VR46 book is "what if i never tried it?". don't miss an opportunity, while having fun with your friends, for very little upfront costs.

you would still have time for each of you to get in a track day or two this year, and all winter to think up a clever name for your race team.

did i make the sale?

Last edited:
Mandatory and non-mandatory kit parts and prices for the CSBK Ninja 300 Series: http://kawasakiracing.ca/

$3000 of mandatory kit parts and $1500 for non-mandatory kit parts, a little steep for people who want to race on the cheap. I am not good enough yet to race CSBK anyways and I already have the Armour Bodies race fairings and you can't use those.

I probably won't be able to do RACE either since I work exclusively on weekends. Trackdays and FAST Riding School will be it for me, for now. I learned that there is a lot more to learn while doing FAST Phase 2.

sounds like your on your way to having a nice lwt track bike. too bad about the weekends. correct me if im wrong, but doesn't soar run their endurance race on friday, after the track day? wink wink

sounds like your on your way to having a nice lwt track bike. too bad about the weekends. correct me if im wrong, but doesn't soar run their endurance race on friday, after the track day? wink wink
Saturday after qualifying. I think its VRRA that does it friday

Funny. I didn't see it that way. I see a mix of bikes mixed in thru the grid.

The top 3 RC390 are Motoamerica top runners. Heck Braedon spends so much time on a bike he should be unstoppable.

I posted it to show that I thought that the rider is more important than the bike. Heck don't we have EX250 ahead of an RC390.?

Man, I need me a RC 390! :)

I'm still hoping more 300's will start riding track/racing as I haven't given up on it yet. I have tons of fun learning on this machine.

[video=youtube;FoaxdhT7pcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoaxdhT7pcg[/video]

Last edited:
Like I alluded to earlier, I would love to do one for next year....but I will ONLY do the work if it's clear that there will be others to race with.
I only want to race if there's a dog fight...otherwise it's just a track day. Three rider grids are just rediculous.
Add to this, I don't want to be the only one to show up with black #s (Apparently I can't do Nationals).
Maybe we should roll call this ***** right now...
Who's commiting???
How many AMs ...?
How many PROs ...?

I'm also concerned about grids size, want to build a 300 but would like 10+ rider grids.

Like I alluded to earlier, I would love to do one for next year....but I will ONLY do the work if it's clear that there will be others to race with.
I only want to race if there's a dog fight...otherwise it's just a track day. Three rider grids are just rediculous.
Add to this, I don't want to be the only one to show up with black #s (Apparently I can't do Nationals).
Maybe we should roll call this ***** right now...
Who's commiting???
How many AMs ...?
How many PROs ...?

Is there a level below AM that I can be in. ��

[video=youtube;wamVE6C9B5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wamVE6C9B5w[/video]

Last edited:
Is there a level below AM that I can be in. ?
Yes, the Rookie class is the entry class for beginners, you get 6 rounds and then have to move on to AM.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

Found this great video of 300 racing series in the USA on another forum.

"Rules for the 300 series require most things to stay stock"

"a young KTM Moto America racer named Brandon Paasch races in this series. He is rider 969 in the video."

[video=youtube;uzNFHUyXJNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNFHUyXJNQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Found this great video of 300 racing series in the USA on another forum.

"Rules for the 300 series require most things to stay stock"

"a young KTM Moto America racer named Brandon Paasch races in this series. He is rider 969 in the video."

[video=youtube;uzNFHUyXJNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNFHUyXJNQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

why dont we have series like this? looks so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom