More Aussies in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

More Aussies in Canada

Skippy

Hello fellow motorcycle travellers, my wife and I are coming to visit the south east corner of Canada. Our bike is arriving on Friday by Air Canada, we are arriving on Thursday. Can some one recommend self catering accommodation that's in a pleasant area with off street parking and won't be a too expensive taxi ride to AC's cargo depot. We'll use this as a base to explore the Toronto area. Any suggestions of places to visit/things to do around Toronto would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to the next stage of our trip,

Regards, Andrew & Tammy.
atmacpaul@hotmail.com

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome over, dont expect Glorious/Nebo level roads and twisties around the GTA but there are some really nice places to visit within a 2-3hr ride. Also dont judge Canada by what you see in Toronto... LOL

Hello fellow motorcycle travellers, my wife and I are coming to visit the south east corner of Canada. Our bike is arriving on Friday by Air Canada, we are arriving on Thursday. Can some one recommend self catering accommodation that's in a pleasant area with off street parking and won't be a too expensive taxi ride to AC's cargo depot. We'll use this as a base to explore the Toronto area. Any suggestions of places to visit/things to do around Toronto would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to the next stage of our trip,

Regards, Andrew & Tammy.
atmacpaul@hotmail.com

Welcome. You're leaving such a nice place. My Brother lives in Bisbane. (maybe too many kiwis there now ;-)
ha!!

Lots of places to visit and things to Do in the city.. Im not sure where to start you off.. but DO go up the CN Tower.. late after noon is great.. you get to see it in Daylight then at night you see the lights of the city. Walk up Yonge Street, Eaton Centre.. Make sure you visit Niagara Falls etc.

Not sure about accomodation - check out AirBnB though. I'm using that for when I got to Montreal. How long are you here?

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll be in Canada for about 2 1/2 weeks before crossing into the USA for our 90 days. We fly back to Brisbane on 23rd October. At the moment, probably 3-5 days in Toronto and surrounds.

20060411002502-0-5629.jpg

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll be in Canada for about 2 1/2 weeks before crossing into the USA for our 90 days. We fly back to Brisbane on 23rd October. At the moment, probably 3-5 days in Toronto and surrounds.

Welcome, almost any area is good and things are very safe and proper. Toronto drivers within the greater City radius are impatient and a little bit crazy so think Sydney. Airport taxis are flat rate to the city and there is a train that costs $28, which is not worth it if there are two of you, especially with luggage. You can take the Bus back to the Air Canada cargo area, but you'll need to figure out where you are and then map it accordingly ($3/pp). Cab back to the airport would be around $45 with tips (this is something you need to get used to we tip almost everyone here ;). I don't recommend that you stay that close to the airport as there isn't much to do (Sunnybank with skyscrapers), unless of course you guys are just staying for the Thursday night.

Like others suggested, look at Airbnb with underground parking options along the Yonge/Spadina subway line, but little farther away from CBD. This way you guys can still head to downtown and don't need worry about riding back after enjoying some of our famous refreshments. Another great area to stay is the distillery district (a cleaner and a litltle hippsterish Fortitude valley) which is on the east end of the core CBD, tons of things to do and everything is close by and easy access to main arteries to get out of. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom