Busted in Quebec - 126 km in a 100- What to do.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Busted in Quebec - 126 km in a 100- What to do..

m.benn84

Hiding behind a bridge out of his car with the radar.. Asked me if i spoke French and i said no, apologized for speeding and asked him if he could give me a bit of a break, as i was trying to get to Moncton after a long day of bad weather.

Didn't lower it at all, this is my first speeding ticket - Its 2 Points and 130.00 bucks.

Do I Just Pay it and get ripped a new one at renewal time or try to fight it?

So your choices are:
-Pay it
-Get t a first attendance over the phone if you live more than 75km away and most likely you can get it reduced to a lesser fine with no points but still a conviction on your record and insurance might go up.
-Hire a paralegal and have them try and fight it, a pain since you live far away, maybe you can hire someone local and deal with them over the phone and you might not have to go to court.

Not sure if I missed anything
If you have time to head back, fight it, maybe get a paralegal to try for you, good luck.

Well, the crown "may" not play with you and lower it, after all your not a "local". Also your not a Quebecois, (which is likely why you didn't get a break roadside).

You can try to hire a Paralegal, but again your an "outsider" so no idea how hard they will work on your behalf.

The points really mean nothing, (unless you have already lost a few), insurance doesn't consider the points it is merely a minor or major conviction to them, (in this case a minor conviction).

It doesn't hurt to ask for a break from the crown etc, or hire a paralegal, (which will likely cost more than the ticket but when you tke into account potential insurance hits may be cheaper route. but bottom line is unless your present yourself don't expect much.

Hiding behind a bridge out of his car with the radar.. Asked me if i spoke French and i said no, apologized for speeding and asked him if he could give me a bit of a break, as i was trying to get to Moncton after a long day of bad weather.

Didn't lower it at all, this is my first speeding ticket - Its 2 Points and 130.00 bucks.

Do I Just Pay it and get ripped a new one at renewal time or try to fight it?

Well, the crown "may" not play with you and lower it, after all your not a "local". Also your not a Quebecois, (which is likely why you didn't get a break roadside).

He likely didn't get a break because he specifically asked to get a break.

Fight it. Go to court. Say TABARNAK.

Get it erased from your record that way.

Pay me a beer.

He likely didn't get a break because he specifically asked to get a break.

I know a few other people who have been in a similar situation and as soon as they see ONT on the plate your dicked.. so i figured it wouldn't hurt.

I know a few other people who have been in a similar situation and as soon as they see ONT on the plate your dicked.. so i figured it wouldn't hurt.

Should've been carefulling, wonder how that works on motorcycles since no front plate or just get a front hideaway plate.

I fought a ticket in quebec once. you can request for court date via email and once you have your court date, you can phone the court house to talk to the prosecutor before your trial date for a deal. if you don't like it, you can still go to trial. On the day of your trial you still have an opportunity to talk to the prosecutor. you can also request disclosure, request translator, etc. all through email to which they provide confirmation of request received. It was very efficient.

The only thing I would say is, if you don't speak french... good luck. They hate english speakers from ontario

Back
Top Bottom