Buffalo to Ellicoville.. 219 or ..? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buffalo to Ellicoville.. 219 or ..?

kiwi

Buffalo to Ellicottville .. 219 or 240 or...?

Hi, Ive done the 219 in the past, and also some back roads.. The back roads were tar-snake covered so was thinking about the 240. Anyone take the 240 down to Ellicottville from Buffalo?

Heading down in a few days.

thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Buffalo to Ellicottville .. 219 or 240 or...?

The lure of 144 simply makes the fastest way the most appealing :D.

Go for it tho .....as long as you are not losing valuable twistie time ;)

I've taken 228 - Boston Springville Rd, once or twice. It's not as fast as 219 but a scenic alternative

I have this book(Motorcycle Journeys Through North America) I call my motorcycle bible and it says a good scenic route to take south from Buffalo is 62 which is on the western slopes of the Appalachians, but it is also a little farther west than where you're going.

The lure of 144 simply makes the fastest way the most appealing :D.

Go for it tho .....as long as you are not losing valuable twistie time ;)

ha! - Just the highway gets boring and brutal on a non fairing bike for a long ride ;)

I have this book(Motorcycle Journeys Through North America) I call my motorcycle bible and it says a good scenic route to take south from Buffalo is 62 which is on the western slopes of the Appalachians, but it is also a little farther west than where you're going.

Thanks, I'll look it up. but I'm meeting other riders in Ellicotville, just looking for a good way there.

Have added it for the ride back. Thanks

Last edited:

I've taken 228 - Boston Springville Rd, once or twice. It's not as fast as 219 but a scenic alternative

+1
Plus, you can stop at the Three Girls restaurant in North Boston if you go this route!
:)

Part way down the 219 has many twisty roads - I just can't remember the route I took. You just need to find them.
Someone on site posted up a route a couple of years ago and it was fab. Was on the West side of 219.
Zoar Valley road was the start.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom