Triumph 675 Triples | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph 675 Triples

Can't speak for the 675 specifically, but Triumph is well down the list for reliability according to Consumer Reports:

[h=3]Reliablity by brand[/h]
BrandPercent failed
Yamaha/Star11%
Suzuki12
Honda12
Kawasaki15
Victory17
Harley-Davidson26
Triumph29
Ducati33
BMW40
Can-Am42

Can't speak for the 675 specifically, but Triumph is well down the list for reliability according to Consumer Reports:

[h=3]Reliablity by brand[/h]
BrandPercent failed
Yamaha/Star11%
Suzuki12
Honda12
Kawasaki15
Victory17
Harley-Davidson26
Triumph29
Ducati33
BMW40
Can-Am42
Thanks for that. Seems the more sexy the bike, the less reliable.

27,000km with 2 minor crashes...nothing but regular maintenance on the engine.

2008 Daytona with 40,000 kms. Only regular maintenance along with replacement of the regulator/rectifier (under warranty). No issues what so ever.

Are they reliable as the Japanese bikes or no? If they have issues, what are they?
In my opinion it will just depend on your one.. Just like how some people swear by Honda civics and others have had lemons.
The 675 has been around a long time and there has been some issues I understand with them bit I have found them reliable. They are know to leak oil occasionally - I fixed one last year - just needed a bolt to be tightened.
If I ever got a track bike, the 675 (daytona or street triple ) would be my choice..
Just love that growl of the intake.

Btw. The older models had a rectifier recall and thats been it.

In my opinion it will just depend on your one.. Just like how some people swear by Honda civics and others have had lemons.
The 675 has been around a long time and there has been some issues I understand with them bit I have found them reliable. They are know to leak oil occasionally - I fixed one last year - just needed a bolt to be tightened.
If I ever got a track bike, the 675 (daytona or street triple ) would be my choice..
Just love that growl of the intake.

Btw. The older models had a rectifier recall and thats been it.

And the bolt gremlins! Don't forget the bolt gremlins

Is reliability even a concern any more? The days of bringing tools, fluids, and rags with you on a day trip are long gone. The worst case is you have a 4/10 chance of needing mechanical repair within four years, according to Consumer Reports. And I bet that's not likely to be anything mission-critical like a blown engine or transmission.

Between my Yamaha and Triumph, the 675's only problem is a recall for the R/R while my FZ-6 had a blown cooling fan, which was so common that the replacement I ordered was delayed for a few weeks. The FZ-6s also commonly experienced failure of the steering bearings. None of these problems were critical. I feel like there's as much variability between models of one brand, and between bikes of one model, as there is between brands. There's also more likely to be a failure due to improper servicing, like a snapped chain than a failure by sloppy engineering.

Basically, reliability isn't relevant any more. The Japanese introduced incredibly reliable bikes to the market decades ago, and statistically they still lead that front, but the gap to other brands is meaningless now.

I put about 20k kms on mine and I've owned it for two years. She's now sitting at 34,000 kms and have had no major issues apart from this year when my Exup Valve motor cable snapped in half.

Yes, Can-Am.
You have no say here, you have a BlackBerry Passport. Easily the ugliest phone on the market. (as I send this from my Nokia Windows phone ?)

Ihave a triumph with a 1050 triple engine. No problems at all mechanically. It's a little cold blooded at times, starting in the winter is occasionally a pain but I just upgraded the battery so maybe that will help. Common issues are that nuts and bolts need retorquing from the factory. All my sump bolts were out of spec and some were really loose. Chain tension is very finicky for a smooth ride but when it's dialled in its a dream. The engine is smooth. Gearbox a little clunky. These are all small issues though.

No Aprilia on that list? Or just too unreliable to even make it onto the list? lol

2010 Street Triple, 35000km. Nothing wrong with it at all.
It is awesome bike.
If anything is wrong with it, it is turning radius.

My Daytona is at 30k, no problems outside of the exup valve and bolt gremlins.

Back
Top Bottom