Airport Road. North of 89 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Airport Road. North of 89

cycling

Site Supporter
As the above reads.

Traffic light with one way traffic and sand and gravel.

It is at the intersection of Airport Road and 5 Sideroad. What is worse than the gravel is the huge delay this causes to traffic heading to or from Wasaga and Collingwood. Northbound traffic was backed up almost 2 km on Friday afternoon as I was heading south from Collingwood. Expect Southbound traffic and delays on Sunday (today) to be just as bad.

There was also another paving zone with single lane traffic on Airport Road just north of Hockley Valley Road on Thursday. I pulled a U-turn and took another route due to that delay. Not sure if this work is still on-going.

Was gonna post this yesterday after my Ride to River road. God what a disaster. Going on the uphill cruising at 80, needless to say I didnt expect a row of 50+ cars and had to panic break.

If anybody wants to ride River Road the alternative is to go straight up 10. At Primrose continue straight onto Prince of Wales road. Watch the first twisty looks like somebody has thrown stones on the road. As from Thursday that was the only area that was not clean. Who knows conditions change from time to time depending on the neighbour hood.
At the junction you are approximately 7/8 up River road. Turn right going East and complete the rest. Going North up Airport after passing Mansfield Ski Resort turn left at the lights( Just before the Esso gas station) thus missing the road works. Right at the T junction takes you towards Alliston. Stop at the DQ.
Hope this helps someone.

If anybody wants to ride River Road the alternative is to go straight up 10. At Primrose continue straight onto Prince of Wales road. Watch the first twisty looks like somebody has thrown stones on the road. As from Thursday that was the only area that was not clean. Who knows conditions change from time to time depending on the neighbour hood.
At the junction you are approximately 7/8 up River road. Turn right going East and complete the rest. Going North up Airport after passing Mansfield Ski Resort turn left at the lights( Just before the Esso gas station) thus missing the road works. Right at the T junction takes you towards Alliston. Stop at the DQ.
Hope this helps someone.
Still a couple questionable spots as of Friday. Would proceed with caution on the first run through.

Prince of Wales road, changed really fast. Guess it is turning to be similar to RR 15. The neighbours don`t like us. Hence the extra gravel.
We really are nice kind considerate riders no need for all this nastiness. Well, most of us. Lol.

There's a lot of spots up that way that after a good rain wash gravel onto the road. I haven't seen it personally, just had a friend tell me he was there yesterday and it wasn't so great.

There's a lot of spots up that way that after a good rain wash gravel onto the road. I haven't seen it personally, just had a friend tell me he was there yesterday and it wasn't so great.

To me it is it strewn across the road, not from rain or cager tires. Only on one side and not the other and my detective work says people made. Can`t say Manmade because it might be a woman. Lol.

Yep saw a couple spots with rocks the size of toonies in the middle of the road in the apex of a turn. Both on River and POW. the roads in muskoka aren't even that hazardous.

Yep saw a couple spots with rocks the size of toonies in the middle of the road in the apex of a turn. Both on River and POW. the roads in muskoka aren't even that hazardous.

Did the Muskokas on Thursday after River Road. Up 400/11 left on 169. Did the circle through Port Carling. East on 118, South on 35/115, West on Monck Road. Back down onto 11 through Orillia, right on 89. Etc, etc.
Did not see one piece of gravel anywhere. Great conditions.

Last edited:
Just came back from Prince of Wales Road. Not the pub.
Only the first turn going North has the same gravel. I recognised it. Had my name on it. Lol. The rest was clean.
Check it for yourself though. No liability here. Was a fun day.

Ran River Road this afternoon. Condition was pretty good. Still some gravel/stones here and there but mostly to the side of the road. There was a big group of riders parked on both sides of the road about half way in or so. Not sure what that was about.

Ran River Road this afternoon. Condition was pretty good. Still some gravel/stones here and there but mostly to the side of the road. There was a big group of riders parked on both sides of the road about half way in or so. Not sure what that was about.
I think that was you I waved at just south of forks on hwy 10? Full leathers? If it was, nice bike.

As for river I didn't find it too bad although it's nicer during the weekdays with no groups on it

Back
Top Bottom